McKenna has been saying quite a few words, but I'm not sure anyone would know that they are words.
Hold me= olde mie
backpack= baa paac
goodnight= nigh nigh
tickle= ickle icke
She also says mommy and daddy, uh-oh, yes and no. That's all that I can think of right now, but I am sure there are more.
2. I hate beef jerky, or deer jerky. Just the smell makes me so nauseous.
3. I hate falling asleep before I have done my bedtime business. (washing face, brushing teeth, praying).
4. I hate waking up at 2:00am to do bedtime business when I have falling asleep before doing bedtime business.
5. I hate having headaches everyday.
6. I hate how quickly and thoroughly addicted I get to things. (Italian Soda, HGTV, Glee (which I said I was giving up, but I'm on the wagon again), Scarecrow and Mrs. King).
7. I hate that whenever I borrow anything from anybody it winds up broken. You have been warned. Loan at your own risk.
8. I hate getting back from the grocery store and then realize that I forgot something.
9. I hate fish, all kinds.
10. I hate that I eat too much and then feel like I'm going to throw-up all night. (While typing this I am eating a cookie, after I have already had a big dinner and dessert).
11. I hate that whenever I have company the food never turns out like it should.
12. I hate being startled awake. I feel jittery and nervous for like a half-hour.
13. I hate returning things to the store. It is such a hassle.
14. I hate that apartments don't have a ceiling light in the living room.
15. I hate math. Hate. Hate. Hate.
16. I hate all the new songs by Tim McGraw
17. I hate going out to dinner and end up getting mediocre food. If I wanted mediocre food I would have stayed home and made dinner.
18. I hate the bitter winds of winter.
19. I hate the smell of gas fireplaces.
20. I hate getting stains on new clothes.
2. I stick candy wrappers in the couch cushions. Or just throw them on the floor.
3. I have had an Italian soda almost everyday for two weeks.
4. I somehow graduated from high school without taking a world history class and sometimes when people talk about history I have no idea what they are talking about.
5. I like to eat macaroni and cheese cold.
6. I'm scared of going into a new building (ex: doctor's office, community centers, schools) because I think I'll get lost or I'll do it wrong (if there is a way to actually find your way wrong? (If that makes any sense? (So I always give myself some extra time ))).
7. I usually only like books or movies if there is a love story involved.
8. I didn't get asked to prom junior or senior year. In fact I don't think I ever really got asked out on a date until after I graduated from high school.
9. I daydream about having hundreds of pairs of heels. Lined up lovely on shelves of course.
10. Jeff and I had our first kiss before our first date.
11. I cried watching "Cars" today. You know the part where Lightening McQueen stops to help "The King." Gets me every time.
12. I hate washing windows.
13. I had headgear that I had to wear at night when I was a teenager.
14. I still use my fingers to count. (Only the hard ones like 7+5 and 8+5).
15. I love to eat laffy taffys becuase its candy and entertainment. (But only the pink kind).
16. I think that I am a little bit psychic. For real.
Lauren: "I eat my boogers. Sometimes they are old and yuckers. And sometimes they are yum yum yummers."
(This was so funny to me, kind of disgusting, but still funny). We have been working with her on this, but every time we tell her not to, she thinks it is funnier and ends up doing it more.
Here is the second conversation
Lauren: "Lauren, do you believe in God?"
Lauren: "NOOO???? Why not?"
Lauren: "Because he lives so far far away."
1. Making a stick horse for western day at Lauren's preschool. Let's just say that it involved sewing. Shocker right?
2. Making a dress for western day. Which incidentally didn't get worn on western day.
3. Working on a magnetic board. Why is everything so much harder than it should be.
4. Christmas shopping and Christmas dreaming.
5. Family trip to Vala's pumpkin patch with Lauren's preschool.
6. Sick with G.I. flu (sorry, no pictures of that).
7. Reading lots of books.
8. Making stuffed fabric pumpkins which my sister says look like apples.
9. Refereeing two girls who always want what the other has.
10. Working on polishing off two bags of Halloween candy before Halloween.
This is the girls at the D.D. my camera died before I got any pictures of the cars. Look at the picture above and see how dirty Lauren's hands are. It was so windy at the fair and sand would just blow into your eyes. I came home and felt so dirty. There was even dirt in the girls' ears.
This was Lauren's first day of preschool. She loves it. On the first day of school the teachers sent her home with candy and she has been in love ever since. It is so weird picking her up from preschool. She seems older somehow. She is learning things that I didn't teach her and when she tells me stuff that happened in preschool I just have to believe her because I wasn't there. And I don't think McKenna knows what to do with herself. I decided that McKenna would never cry if Lauren didn't take toys away from her, she was so quiet while Lauren was at preschool.
So which one is overall better? Leave comments here.
The cake isn't perfect by any means but it is the best one that I have done. I made my own fondant this time and it was much easier to work with and so much softer. I can't comment on the taste because I didn't taste it, and haven't tasted store bought fondant either. (Oh and I didn't make any of those other tasty goodies. That was all Melanie).
It's pretty self-explanatory as to which room is which. And sorry about the tree being in the picture again. I know I already posted about it, but I do really love it.
1. Clean out my car and take it to a car wash
2. Go buy cool jackets. (I love layering)
3. Go buy boots (I love boots)
4. Make pumpkin chocolate chip bread
5. Go through boxes and toys and re-organize
6. Go on a picnic
7. Kidnap Jeff from school and go do something fun
8. Sit outside and just take deep breaths.
9. Make casseroles and warm food
10. Buy a backpack and other school supplies.
MMMMMM.......I love fall
(Did I mention that is was hot)??? Look at my sweaty girls
(Lauren loved loved loved the ocean)
5. The ocean is salty. Yuck
(Here we are awaiting the show)
9. 3 adults in the backseat of a minivan makes for a hard time sleeping in the night
10. Pepto Bismol is a very good product. Don't ask.
The girls awaitng swimming at SeaWorld. The water was so warm from the heat that it almost wasn't refreshing. Lauren went down her first waterslide here.
Lauren: You have to go back to school????
Lauren: Why do you have to go back to school?
Daddy: So I can finish and be a doctor
Lauren: (In the saddest voice you can imagine) I don't want you to be a doctor.
Soon I will post about our trip to Texas and all other past excitements.
Also I am need of a good ice cream. I am so tired of going to the store and buying ice cream and having it not be good. But here is a list of kinds that I don't like
1. I don't like chocolate ice cream
2. I don't like butterscotch
3. I don't love caramel
4. I don't like nuts.
So if you have a favorite ice cream that doesn't involve these things leave a comment and I'll try it and if I love it, then I'll be greatly indebted to you.
This is a picture of the hutch I bought on craigslist for my kitchen. It was a ghastly shade of forest green but it is much better now especially with the new hardware.
This is a picture of our dining room. Are you noticing my beautiful tree. This is what I tell everybody who asks about it; "It is like a fake tree, but it's real, but it's dead." Cool Right???Here is a picture of me and my girl. She went 'peeps' on the potty for the first time last week. It was kind of exciting actually. We go to the doctor today for her three year check-up and for McKenna's 15 month check-up. (I want Mickey to be her nickname but spell it like this: McKe. Is that totally dorky)?? (I'll need your help calling her that though, more than one person has to call her McKe for it to be a nickname).
And here are my new blond hairs. Okay my hair is not usually this flippy-outey, this is my attempt at straightening, Pathetic right? The hair is okay for summer, but I have no intentions of being a permanent blond.
Today is Jeff's boards, so if you can say a little prayer for him, I know that he would appreciate it. I am so glad that it is ALMOST OVER. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bragged about Jeff on my family blog, but I'll brag about him here too. He recieved a regent scholarship again this year. I am so proud of him and all of his hard, focused work that lets him be a great student and a great husband and father. (Just a side note; it you look closely behind me you will see my giraffe covered bar stools)
|Create a scrapbook design|
Lauren's third birthday was a week ago. Sorry it took so long for me to get this posted but our borrowed internet wasn't working. Sheesh. So enjoy it. We borrowed my parents old digital camera (thanks again). (Why didn't I think of that earlier)??? If my house ever gets cleaned maybe I'll post pictures of our new 'crib.'
I would post pictures of our apartment ,which is in my opinion lovely, but our camera is still lost. (Would you people get busy and start looking for it; it is a Cannon and it is blue and small and filled with pictures of us). I have been keeping myself busy with projects. Here is a list of projects that I have done since moving in.
1. Buying and painting a hutch for my kitchen.
2. Covering my stools in giraffe print material
3. dragging a stick up to my apartment.
4. Spray painting a pot for said stick
5. Spray painted some old pictures frames and mats.
6. Spray painted some jars for my kitchen
7. Spray painted a vase (does it sound like I'm addicted to spray paint)?
8. Made a headboard (still in progress, someday I will find nail head trim).
9. Painted a picture for above my fireplace
10. Ruined said picture above my fireplace.
11. Painted a picture for my Mom for Mother's Day
12. Covered some old pillows
13. Made Lauren some file folder games. (I now HATE contact paper).
When said camera is found I will take pictures of my projects and of my NEW BLOND HAIR. Okay maybe it is more "wheat" colored.
Also I know that I haven't commented on blogs lately because I'm mostly too lazy to think of something clever to say, but know that I do read all of your blogs dilligently.
On the way down the stairs to go to the grocery store McKenna started to go down and the stairs and then started to go back up and so I scooped her. (That is what happens when my girls aren't being good listeners or are doing naughty things). It makes Kenna pretty mad, and Lauren doesn't usually like it, but as I was going down the stairs Lauren plopped down at the top of the stairs and said "Mommy, I'm being naughty, scoop me too." I was so not going to go back up the three flights of stairs and carry both of them down the stairs. So it was a waiting game. She at the top, and I at the bottom. And do you know who won? ME!
Tomorrow we go to look at a preschool for Lauren. Wish us luck.
I think that I am going to have to do yoga everyday until these girls are 18.
I registered for classes in the fall. Watch out HGTV, I'm on my way.
P.S. for those of you who are not around me to hear me talk about my dreams, interior design is the goal. It is all I ever think about. I try to nap and sometimes I can't turn my brain off long enough to fall asleep. It's always designing chandeliers and couches. So in ten years when I finish school and you want some advice give me a call.
1. Won a root beer tasting contest
2. Been on a hot air balloon ride
3. Been to Target three times in one day, or was it four?
4. Only had three jobs my whole life (I don't work much)
5. Been fired from a job
6. Been given a bouquet of french fries
7. Ordered a Runza at Wendy's (I thought I was at Runza, and I couldn't figure out why they didn't have Runzas and Runza, I later realized as I was leaving the parking lot that it me who was the idiot and not the poor girl taking my order who didn't know what a runza was).
8. Eaten a whole medium pizza from Pizza Hut
9. Won a french toast eating contest (9 French Toast, no wonder I gained the "Freshman 15") (The pizza was a contest too, also my freshman year).
10. Reoccurring dreams about being able to fly and being an ice skater. (What do those mean)?
11. Watched every single episode of Scarecrow and Mrs. King ever made
12. Read every book Sophie Kinsella has written
13. Tried to jump across a creek and ended up in it instead. (Luckily it was after Jeff's family pictures and not before).
14. Eaten Pate (goose liver)
1. Purchased a CD
2. Ordered soup at a restaurant
3. Seen the ocean
4. Finished reading/watching Harry Potter
5. Painted my fingernails any color but pink or red. (I just look down and my toes are painted purple)
6. Made a pie crust
7. Eaten at a seafood place
8. had my eyebrows waxed
9. been inter-tubing
10. and will never want any pets
1. The toilet paper in your house is pulled all the way down to the floor.
2. You curse the garbage man for being too loud in the fear of them waking your child up.
3. Your eyeliner is more often used for kitty faces, then for lining your eyes.
4. It takes about 20 minutes to get out the door when you are already ready to go.
5. It takes 10 minutes to get out the driveway when you are already in the car.
6. You find yourself singing "This Old Man" while you are grocery shopping. . .alone.
7. You change not only your children's diapers and clothes but also those of all the dolls in your house.
8. Find yourself asking what your child's doll would like for lunch.
9. You get reprimanded and told "Oh Bugger" is a bad word.
10. You feel as those you constantly wear a black and white stripped shirt with a whistle.
11. Every step you take in the kitchen results in the crunching of cereal.
12. You eat more imaginary food than you do real food.
13. You base who you see most often on who your kid likes the most and plays with the best. (I would love to see the mall and Hobby Lobby more, but two years olds don't play nice with Hobby Lobby)
14. You have vowed never to paint your fingernails again in their presence, it is too diasterous.
15. You laugh everday of your life, and thank Heavenly Father everyday for the blessing of being a mother.
You've got to love it.
2. New dishes two sets for $50.00 $288.00
3. Pots and pans. Our have gone to pot (ha ha). $40.00 $328.00
4. Platter to put on the table as decoration $16.99 add up to $344.99
5. I will need a new rug in the kitchen and a couple of matching towels. Estimated at $45.00 totals $389.99
6. Two sets of curtains; estimated at $60.00 brings me to a grand total of $449.99.
Hopefully I can find things on sale and on clearance, because I didn't even get to new towels and rugs for my bathroom, or the sofa table I wanted, or the lamps for the living room, or Easter dresses for my girls. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhHH.
There had better be some good clearance and sales in the next month.
|Make a Smilebox photobook|
I couldn't end the day without an ode to my baby girl on her first birthday. We started the day off right with decorations, had a special dinner just for McKenna (Macaroni and Cheese) and finished with presents and cake. All in all, not too shabby.
1. Eat a Klondike bar. I have always heard the theme song "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" But I had no idea what they were. The other day I saw them at Target, bought them and "I DID IT."
2. Go to a concert. I have never been to a concert.
3. Write a children's book. I have some ideas, but they are just ideas.
4. Submit an article to the Ensign. I have one written, but I need to work on it a bit more.
5. Go water skiing. I am a bit afraid of the water, so this one might be tricky.
6. Run a half-marathon. I'm only half serious about this, so I won't feel too bad if I don't get to say "I did it."
7. Register for classes. I want to go back to school, and though the timing is not ideal, I know that I'll never do it if I don't do it soon.
8. Go to Arizona, or somewhere south. Just because I want to.
This is a year of firsts. So when you see a post entitled "I DID IT," you'd better check out my latest first. Yahoooo.
2. I love Jeff's eagerness to help anyone who needs help
3. I love Jeff's protective nature of his country roots! (Do not make fun of North Platte in front of him, or small high schools).
4. I love that when Jeff feels frustrated, he will stop and say a prayer. (This happened yesterday, so it is fresh in my mind).
5. I love that Jeff doesn't mind sleeping on six inches of mattress. I was making the bed the other day (a rarity) and noticed that my pillow was in the middle of the bed and his pillow was hanging off. It's not that I am a bed hog, I just like to sleep RIGHT NEXT to Jeff. He must have scooted over and I must have followed. If he doesn't want to fall off the bed he should scoot to the middle instead.
Lauren: I want to be a train!!!
Me: (Confused) You want to be a train??????
Lauren: I DO!!!!!!!!! I DO WANT TO BE A TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like we have watched too much Thomas around these parts.
Needless to say we are ready to feel better and get off our couch potato buns. (Even though mine is so slim now). ha ha.
Many blessing to Jeff for staying well and staying home from class and studying to take care of us.
Also blessings to Natalie for watching Lauren whilst I was sick, only for Lauren to get sick at her house.
Let me first explain the reason for my absence, and it is a good reason. I have become an HGTV junkie. (I know that there are plenty of other people who can sympathize with me). Melanie I love your home but it will be much healthier when I am forcefully removed from the satellite. When I was bored I used to just jump on the computer for some blogging, but laying down on the couch and vegging is so much easier. Thus the reason for my lack of blogging.
This is our lovely table spread for our Christmas Eve dinner. Take notice of the ice candle holders. Super cool (thanks HGTV), but melted before we even started dinner. Perhaps in an Arctic climate it would have been better.
Here is McKenna opening her present from Santa. This little lady has her top two teeth and her bottom two teeth and she grinds them together. Before I couldn't hear it before because her teeth weren't out all the way but she must have been able to feel it because she would stick her bottom jaw out a lot, and I just figured her teeth were bothering her, but now I can hear it and it is kind of sickening.
This is just one of my favorite pictures of Lauren. She has really blossomed in her abilities to do everything. I am trying to find an art class for her and she loves to do anything artistic.
My birthday was on the 27th and I turned 24. Jeff and my Mom teamed up to make me eclairs. Don't they look beautiful, and they were delicious. Here is the proof . . .
For my birthday Jeff tackled the feat of buying me clothes. This was the first timed he attempted to buy me clothes and I think he did a great job. The pumps, the shirt, necklace and tank top were all of his choosing. I do have a question for you fashionistas: What is the proper bunch necessary for wearing skinny jeans with heels. I usually just wear boots over them but know that I have heels I need to know. I personally think that the lack of bunch makes these too short.
Probably the highlight of our vacation was taking part in the making of a guest room in my parents basement. They were kind enough to listen to my input because they know I love this stuff, and I have nothing to decorate. This room had a lamp, desk and the couch in it before. Then in two days the walls were painted, a headboard was cut and covered. We brought down the bed from upstairs (My Dad and Jeff). A curtain rod and curtains were put up. Pillows were made, the couch got slipcoverd, vinyl was cut and put up (don't say anything about the "levelness" of it, or that the 's' isn't cut out because trying to get it straight about killed me and the 's' just didn't cut out)
This is the wall opposite the bed. Look at those pillows. I made them. Well not the green one, we bought that one. It was so much fun. Now all I need is a house and some money and I can play designer a my house.
I know that her eyes are closed, but this picture just makes me Laugh.
I'm posting this one because I think that I look good in it, and those kind of pictures are so few and far between, right????
Here are my two Oreo lovers. Got Milk?????
Jeff brought me down my toothbrush so we could stay on schedule and I've left in my mouth for like five minutes and I think that the toothpaste has burned off my taste buds so, I guess I need to go spit. Hope everyone is having a lovely and encouraging start to their new year.