I know that I am a little late in my resolution list as it is almost the end of the month but I have been letting some ideas stew around in my head. Some of my goals are personal, some are family goals and some are just silly. So here they are in no particular order whatsoever.
1. Continue to grow my hair out. I am so close to having one base length. And I like to think that I accomplished this without going through the awkward mullet phase. Anyone who has had short hair and grown it out knows what I am talking about.
2. See the ocean. I have been to the Gulf of Mexico, but nobody has given me a definitive answer as to whether that actually counts as the ocean, so this time I will make sure there is no doubt in anyone's mind. Pacific or Atlantic is the only question?
3. Go paint balling. I have never been and I feel like this is something that should be accomplished in ones life to feel fulfilled.
4. Find a fun family weekly tradition. I want a day of the week my kids (and I) can look forward to because we do something special. We have tried movie night, but I don't like my kids up late and they really don't sit the best watching a movie and quite frankly I'd rather do the dished than watch Dora. I've thought about a special meal but Jeff is so hit and miss for dinner and I don't usually feel like cooking at the end of the day that I don't feel like I can commit to it knowing I would have to do it by myself. I feel like it would be fun to have pizza delivered once a week. That would be awesome and I would totally be able to commit to that. Maybe when we are millionaires I could justify it. So ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.
5. I want to journal one more time that I did last year. So I guess I only have to do it twice this year. Should be pretty easy.
6. I want Jeff and I read the Book of Mormon together. Right now we are reading Articles of Faith and that might be one of the slowest reads. Ever.
7. I want to have a couple of piano students.
8. I want to take swim lessons. I found a place that has a 12 week session that is on Saturday mornings. And a plus is that I heard their pool water was warmer than most. I sometime in my lifetime want to go back to school but I don't feel like I could do it until Jeff is less busy and can support me so as long as I feel like I am learning new things and enriching my life I feel okay that I'm not going back school yet.
9. I want to be happier in Motherhood. Sometimes I feel like I just do things to get through the day. I don't take the time to try and enjoy the blessing that I know Motherhood and being able to stay at home with my kids is, and more often than not I see it as a burden.
10. Spend a little bit of one-on-one time with each of my kids everyday. Even if it is just tucking them.
11. Clean the house every night before bed. We have been doing this for the last few months and I really like the feeling of waking up to a clean house.
12. I have been doing really well at waking up before my kids do in the morning so that I can be showered and ready to help them as soon as they wake up. Perhaps I could wake up a little bit earlier and spend some time exercising. I don't really care when I do it but I would like to strengthen my heart so that I am not panting when I go up our three flights of stairs.
13. Share my testimony more frequently. I have started bearing my testimony to the kids during family scripture about whatever topic we were talking about and I have enjoyed it.
14. Buy some colored tights. I know that I am not the trendiest person in the world but I have to try a little.
I could go on and on all day long I am sure. But I will end it here. That is surely enough for me to accomplish in such a little amount of time (remember I am a whole month late in the game).
5 years ago