1.06.2010

I know, I know

I realize that it has been forever since I have last blogged, and many thanks to those of you that have pointed this fact out. It somehow makes me feel loved and slightly pestered.

Let me first explain the reason for my absence, and it is a good reason. I have become an HGTV junkie. (I know that there are plenty of other people who can sympathize with me). Melanie I love your home but it will be much healthier when I am forcefully removed from the satellite. When I was bored I used to just jump on the computer for some blogging, but laying down on the couch and vegging is so much easier. Thus the reason for my lack of blogging.
Our Christmas was wonderful and having Jeff here with us was such a treat. We all miss him, but we express it in different ways. For Lauren she called him on Monday morning when she discovered that he was back at school and started crying when she said "I miss you daddy." Or when he tried to lay her down that night she clung to his neck and said "Hold you daddy, Sleep here on MY pillow." So Jeff ended up sleeping on her floor just to reassure her that he did indeed love her and would play with her when he got home the next day. For me, I just feel lonely without him around during the day and being snowed in doesn't help matters. McKenna misses having me all to herself. When daddy is around Lauren clings to him which opens me up for McKenna.
So here are a few pictures of our holidays and some other random favorite photos.

This is our lovely table spread for our Christmas Eve dinner. Take notice of the ice candle holders. Super cool (thanks HGTV), but melted before we even started dinner. Perhaps in an Arctic climate it would have been better.

Here is McKenna opening her present from Santa. This little lady has her top two teeth and her bottom two teeth and she grinds them together. Before I couldn't hear it before because her teeth weren't out all the way but she must have been able to feel it because she would stick her bottom jaw out a lot, and I just figured her teeth were bothering her, but now I can hear it and it is kind of sickening.

This is just one of my favorite pictures of Lauren. She has really blossomed in her abilities to do everything. I am trying to find an art class for her and she loves to do anything artistic.

My birthday was on the 27th and I turned 24. Jeff and my Mom teamed up to make me eclairs. Don't they look beautiful, and they were delicious. Here is the proof . . .


For my birthday Jeff tackled the feat of buying me clothes. This was the first timed he attempted to buy me clothes and I think he did a great job. The pumps, the shirt, necklace and tank top were all of his choosing. I do have a question for you fashionistas: What is the proper bunch necessary for wearing skinny jeans with heels. I usually just wear boots over them but know that I have heels I need to know. I personally think that the lack of bunch makes these too short.

Probably the highlight of our vacation was taking part in the making of a guest room in my parents basement. They were kind enough to listen to my input because they know I love this stuff, and I have nothing to decorate. This room had a lamp, desk and the couch in it before. Then in two days the walls were painted, a headboard was cut and covered. We brought down the bed from upstairs (My Dad and Jeff). A curtain rod and curtains were put up. Pillows were made, the couch got slipcoverd, vinyl was cut and put up (don't say anything about the "levelness" of it, or that the 's' isn't cut out because trying to get it straight about killed me and the 's' just didn't cut out)

This is the wall opposite the bed. Look at those pillows. I made them. Well not the green one, we bought that one. It was so much fun. Now all I need is a house and some money and I can play designer a my house.

I know that her eyes are closed, but this picture just makes me Laugh.

I'm posting this one because I think that I look good in it, and those kind of pictures are so few and far between, right????

Here are my two Oreo lovers. Got Milk?????

Jeff brought me down my toothbrush so we could stay on schedule and I've left in my mouth for like five minutes and I think that the toothpaste has burned off my taste buds so, I guess I need to go spit. Hope everyone is having a lovely and encouraging start to their new year.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I can't believe how much Lauren's hair has grown since August! She looks so much older. I love that Jeff picked out clothes for you (cute clothes too!). I sometimes daydream about John coming home with a beautiful dress or shoes that he picked out for me, but I'm afraid that will always just be a dream...
You did a great job decorating. I hear you about wishing for a house and money. A student-budget doesn't allow for much in the way of decorating funds. Someday right??

Alissa said...

YAY YOU posted!! THe Christmas eve dinner looked absolutely lovely!! I wish I was there to partake in all of its loveliness.
YOu look VERY tall in your picture with your skinny jeans. Something does need to be different with you jeans but I don't know what since I do not and will not wear them since I've got too big of hips.

AND KEEP GETTING OFF YOUR LAZY BEHIND AND KEEP UP ON BLOGGING!!!

Stacey said...

I got addicted to HGTV when we first moved here since we had cable for free for a month. I got absolutely nothing accomplished. I hate your skinny jeans, mostly because I could never pull off skinny jeans but they do need to be longer to work with the pumps. The dinner and the room look fabulous. How about flying to my house and see if you can fix my dungeon of a basement, huh? I have a house, not much of the money and I still can't decide what to do with it. Right now I am working on redecorating the kids rooms. Any advice?

Stephanie said...

Stacey I thought you had a dream about me coming to your house and me telling you all of the things that needed to be changed, and you were so annoyed in your dream that you had to call me and tell me how annoyed you were. So no advice to those you cannot handle it. HA.

Meredith said...

I get addicted to TV easily myself. We don't have cable right now and our basement is really cold (that's where the TV is), so it's easy for me to resist at the moment. You have great decorating skills! And your girls are so cute. :) I'm very impressed by Jeff's taste in clothes. And I agree, something's just not right about the jeans with the heels. But you look great in those skinny jeans! I don't know much about them because I can't wear them, so not much help here...

Thanks for the comment! We should get together sometime. Tony starts school again next week, and he works mostly afternoons and evenings (noon to 9 p.m.). We only have one car right now and I usually let him take it to work, so I usually have a car just in the morning. I don't know how you feel about mall play areas but Ruth loves the one at the Westroads. Also, Tony and I are always game for babysitting exchanges, if you and Jeff wanted to go out or go to the temple together. As soon as this weather clears up a bit, Ruth and I are going to need to get out! We are going stir crazy!

J and M said...

Yee HAWWWW. I love the photos.

I don't actually even know what HGTV is, but it appears ato be giving you cool suggestions. The room looks awesome, but I am not at all surprised. You have skills! The only sad part is that now I am reminded of your skills and I'll have a short time of thinking of what a lame house I have, until I repent and realize that my style is chaos, perhaps.

I can't believe McKenna, holy cow. I remember Lauren like that. What is going on...............

Hope you guys are okay there snowed in, and that you have Jeff for longer!!!

(: