2.09.2010

For the Love

Today has been a tough day to find loves so in lieu of daily loves I will post five things I love about the three people I love with all my heart!

Jeff:
1. I love Jeff's sensitivity to my feeling, my thoughts and dreams!

2. I love Jeff's eagerness to help anyone who needs help

3. I love Jeff's protective nature of his country roots! (Do not make fun of North Platte in front of him, or small high schools).

4. I love that when Jeff feels frustrated, he will stop and say a prayer. (This happened yesterday, so it is fresh in my mind).

5. I love that Jeff doesn't mind sleeping on six inches of mattress. I was making the bed the other day (a rarity) and noticed that my pillow was in the middle of the bed and his pillow was hanging off. It's not that I am a bed hog, I just like to sleep RIGHT NEXT to Jeff. He must have scooted over and I must have followed. If he doesn't want to fall off the bed he should scoot to the middle instead.

McKenna:
1. I love McKenna's big front teeth, and the smile that shows them.
2. I love that whenever McKenna wakes up, she is happy. (She gets that from me by the way).
3. I love that when she gets excited she makes really loud noises. And it seems like it is always at church.
4. I love the way she eats mac and cheese. She grabs a handful and shoves it in.
5. I love that when you give her her blanket she snuggles it and puts her fingers in her mouth.
Lauren:
1. I love Lauren's ability to love. When she loves something or someone, it doesn't matter if it is reciprocated or even ignored. She will just go one loving it.
2. This girl has some real spirit. When she wants something she is AVID. I usually end up weighing why I don't want her to have something, and usually decide that it is easier for me to help her get what she wants versus telling her no.
3. She is observant. Even this morning she kept asking me "Whats matter, Mommy"? I wasn't saying anything, but she could tell that I was frustrated. She notices everything.
4. She is my feelings girl and I love it. If you have hurt her feelings, she will tell you.
5. I love her way of being loved. She loves being bought things. It doesn't matter what it is. Months after I bought her her pacifiers she still says, in the cutest voice I might add, "Mommy, you buy these for me? Thaaaaank You!!!"

4 comments:

Tasha said...

First, thanks for keeping Jeff in your prayers--we really appreciate it. Second, Scottsbluff is ~7 hours from Omaha (not ideal, but since Jeff has now decided he'd like to live there since his oldest brother took a job there, living there is the only way I'd consider a small town not close to mountains).
Hmmm...have you ever considered that Jeff is trying to claim some space? You really must be a bed hog;) McKenna has grown up so much since we've seen her--we should get together sometime when Jeff returns. Where does Lauren get her strong personality from? I'll bet she at least gets the shopping part from you--just hope she remembers it's a gift and not a right when she's a teenager. You have such a cute family, Steph.

Alissa said...

You make me laugh! Poor Jeff...
two more days till friday and four more days till Sunday!! WOOT WOOT!

Meredith said...

It sounds like you had a hard day, but way to keep it positive. :) I saw in one of your previous posts that you guys went and saw Avatar at the Cinedine on Saturday. We did, too. I wonder if we were in the same showing? We saw it at 4:30. Anyway, I hope your day/week improves. Valentine's Day is coming! :)

Brianna said...

Steph - I wrote you back on my blog, but then realized you'd probably never see it. I was definitely wearing snow boots yesterday, but they were not very comfortable (two blisters). Is there such thing as comfortable snow boots? Don't think so. I wear heels once in awhile, but haven't lately due to the snow. If I was in heels I would have waited til the next bus :)

Anyway, I have been having fun reading your "Love" entries. You are so good to actually blog! Can't believe you have two kids and a husband in medical school. Isn't it amazing? Who'd've (yes, that's a word...) thunk that we'd all be where we are at now!