2.04.2010

My Loves of Yesterday

Some things I loved about yesterday:
1. Stick Shifts. I love to drive them. (After our car broke down we were in a bit of a pinch and Melanie said we could borrow her car for the day). I drove a stick shift after high school and it just reminded me of how much fun they are to drive.
2. New car smell. Since it will be a while until Jeff and I purchase a new car perhaps I should buy a new car air freshener.
3. McKenna woke up at about 10:30pm last night so I brought her into our room to let her play for a bit, and it was so much fun. Jeff and I never get to spend time with just McKenna. She was also smiling so big and she would crinkle up her nose so that you could see her two big front teeth.
4. Jeff rocked her to sleep when she wouldn't go to sleep at 11:00pm.
5. The hole in Melanie's ceiling got fixed yesterday.
6. Lauren fell asleep last night with her only her head and her arms on the bed. It was really funny, and also very progressive for my floor-sleeping girl. We have been telling her that the "Bed Fairy" would come and put money under her pillow if she fell asleep on her bed. Now she wakes up and says "the bed fairy put monies under my pillow?"
We'll see what kind of things I will love today!

3 comments:

Alissa said...

FUn post!! I might have to steal your background and put it on the fam blog.

Meredith said...

So cute! We are starting to think about moving Ruth into a "big girl bed." I'm kind of nervous about it because I think she's really attached to her crib - it's one of the few places she will sleep. The "bed fairy" is a creative idea. :)

Stephanie said...

yeah well, it hasn't really been working as planned. I still give her money if I end up putting her in bed. I didn't want her to get confused by waking up in bed, but not having any money.