2.07.2010

More Love

Well here is my list of things in the last two days that I have loved:
1. Jeff and Lauren built a snowman. It is a lovely snowman, but with a square nose (don't ask me why). It has been snowing for a couple a days and the snow was so wet and so perfect.
2. We finally found us an apartment to move into. After looking at it three different times. Sorry to anyone who comes to visit us because it is on the third floor. This will be mine and Jeff's 5th place to live in 3 years of marriage. What can I say, I get bored in one place. Which seems funny, because I lived in the same house until I was a sophomore in high school. (But I guess that was a house and not an apartment).
3. Last night Jeff and I went with some friends to see Avitar. Not really a movie that I would normally go see, but it was pretty cool and I loved the 3-D glasses. (I brought them home with me). We went to this totally chic theater/lounge place that serves you dinner while you are watching the movie. (Just a note: If you are going to eat dinner while watching a movie, it might be better if it wasn't a 3-D movie. Watching it was making me a little nauseous, not good when you have food in front of you that you are trying to it. It was fun because that place is multi-level and it was packed. There is just something more fun when the theater is full, than when you are the only person watching it.
4. The theater was downtown. And believe it or not, I have lived here for two years and this is only the second time I have been downtown. Totally lame. It is where all the cool people hang out. Well I guess that answers the question that I am not hip.
5. I made some really great strawberry trifle on Friday night. Totally my favorite dessert.
6. Also for dinner on Friday Jeff and I waited to put the girls to bed until we made dinner. I was fun to cook together and have a quiet, non-messy dinner.
7. I took McKenna to the doctor on Friday per Jeff's request because she has had a high fever, only to be told that there is nothing wrong, except a cold. I called Jeff after and told him that I am never going to the doctor when he tells me to. Anytime that I have taken them in they have actually had something wrong with them that could be fixed. Score one for Dr. Mom.
8. Only one week till Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

First off, I'm impressed and I like how often you're updating your blog. Second, did you both like Avatar? I went with some classmates, but Jeff is refusing to go because it looks too out there. But if your Jeff liked it, maybe my Jeff would consider it. And you went to the theater blocks from our place? I've been wanting to go--it's so close and it's new. Strawberry trifle..yumm..where did you get your recipe?
I really think being in med school makes people more paranoid than more educated. Seriously, Jeff has a list of all of the conditions he thinks I have...

Alissa said...

I love you family moto. It's cute. I want a family moto! Still enjoying your loves! And seriously, it seems like forever since i've seen you...I'M SOOO EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND! You should just stay in Lincoln Saturday and hang our with me cuz Victory is busy pretty much all day.

Cindy said...

Hi Stephanie!

I love reading your "loves." You just gave me an idea......if you don't mind me "stealing" the idea, it would allow me to blog without thinking I have to put up a bunch of pictures, etc. There are plenty of things I love!!
I am with ya on Valentines! I have always loved Valentines and I get into the hearts and putting up Valentines all over the house. The kids even have Valentine stockings (you know like Christmas stockings) and they get it filled with candy! I would have to say Valentines is a holiday for sure!

Have a great week and Happy V-Day!

J and M said...

Where have I been? (two kids with what we think was RSV, croup/ear infections, etc.)......but still, I have been missing out! I love these.