9.07.2010

What I did this Weekend

1. Went to the grocery store three times in one day


2. Got carded for buying non-alcoholic margarita mix.



3. Went to three stores looking for a picnic basket (can you believe that we don't own one)



4. Couldn't find a said picnic basket (can you believe that we STILL don't own one)?



5. Went on a picnic with Jeff (with food in a paper sack (it's a step up from the regular plastic sack)).



6. Finally went to find out what was at Memorial Park



7. Wasted a good hour and a half at Nebraska Furniture Mart (I could go on every date to NFM)



8. Went to G.I. for the Nebraska State Fair



9. Went to a Demolition Derby for the first time ever



10. Ate a deep fat fried Twinkie for the first time.

This is the girls at the D.D. my camera died before I got any pictures of the cars. Look at the picture above and see how dirty Lauren's hands are. It was so windy at the fair and sand would just blow into your eyes. I came home and felt so dirty. There was even dirt in the girls' ears.

This was Lauren's first day of preschool. She loves it. On the first day of school the teachers sent her home with candy and she has been in love ever since. It is so weird picking her up from preschool. She seems older somehow. She is learning things that I didn't teach her and when she tells me stuff that happened in preschool I just have to believe her because I wasn't there. And I don't think McKenna knows what to do with herself. I decided that McKenna would never cry if Lauren didn't take toys away from her, she was so quiet while Lauren was at preschool.

6 comments:

Brianna said...

I don't own a picnic basket either...what is wrong with us? :)

Demolition derbies are my favorite, but I haven't been to one since moving up here.

Lastly, I think you need a new camera? Is yours AA battery operated? Your camera is ALWAYS dying!

Stacey said...

Been married for 10 years, still no picnic basket. Don't you at least own a cooler, or a regular basket? I'd say you had a pretty eventful weekend, although I am surprised you're still alive after eating a deep fat fried Twinkie (was it good?).
Sending kids to school is hard, more so on you than them. I sometimes wish this was a video camera in my kids classrooms so I could watch and see what happened for real.

Stephanie said...

Correction: My camera was lost forever not dead. And it is a rechargeable battery pack so I just need to charge it.

And no I don't own a cooler either.

The twinkie was good, but I think that I like the real ones best.

J and M said...

I don't own a picnic basket either. I've been known to use a laundry basket and put blankies in there.

The twinkie sounds scary. Was it good?

Preschool. I remember when Ellie was 3 and it felt like Miles and I would count the minutes in her absence. It still is a strange and slightly helpless feeling to not know what she is learning in her 2 days of kindergarten. I'm not sure it ever gets better?

I do know that child #2 can have peace at last when #1 is at school, or for us Ellie could have unrestrained fun at last when she was at school and away from MR. M who took all her things!

How was the demolition derby. Cool!

Caitlin said...

We got a picnic basket for a wedding present - one of my favorite gifts! Sadly, I don't know where to recommend finding one, ours was brought over from England. Wish I could help!

Also, what did you think of Memorial Park? The few times I went there, there was a bunch of high school kids camped out smoking things that I know weren't cigarettes!

J and M said...

Hey you long lost neighbor (:
Yarrington #3 is a girl. Ellie is so excited. Miles wants to name her bob. Ha Ha!!!