8.30.2010

Cake

I made this cake for my really good friend's baby shower. It took me all week, but since it is something that I love to do, it doesn't bother me at all. (But I do have to say just one or two cakes in a year is enough, and if I did more than that I probably wouldn't love it).



The cake isn't perfect by any means but it is the best one that I have done. I made my own fondant this time and it was much easier to work with and so much softer. I can't comment on the taste because I didn't taste it, and haven't tasted store bought fondant either. (Oh and I didn't make any of those other tasty goodies. That was all Melanie).

10 comments:

Kim said...

looks beautiful...I'm so jealous of all of your talent!

Amber said...

That is one beautiful cake, and I can say since I saw it in person!

Stacey said...

It's very lovely, but why didn't you taste it?

Stephanie said...

Because I don't eat fondant. And I usually get caked out from eating all the scraps while making it. But I will have an occasional piece of cake when it is all finished. It might also be because I'm scared that it will taste bad after all that work and after everyone has eaten it, so I'd rather not know for myself and assume that it was good.

melbel said...

It WAS beautiful! I'm glad you got a picture of it because I never did. You're very talented. And it was delicious.

Tasha said...

What talent! That seriously looks awesome. Maybe one day when I'm pregnant, you can make a gorgeous cake!

J and M said...

wow. wow. wow. wow. wow. double and triple wow. You rock!

Kristie said...

Stephanie,
Good job! And I'm sorry I didn't get you called back about the booties. When I saw the cake I remembered!I just forgot. Things have been super crazy around here.
The cake is darling. And the booties are so cute. Don't you just love them? Did you make marshmallow fondant?

Stephanie said...

Yeah the fondant is marshmallow. And it was really sticky making it. It just crawled up the spoon to my hands. But eventually the sticky goes away.

The Rogers said...

Wow! This is a awesome cake. Someday...