6.04.2010

Blonde

So as promised here are a couple of pictures of random projects and my new blondies.

This is a picture of the hutch I bought on craigslist for my kitchen. It was a ghastly shade of forest green but it is much better now especially with the new hardware.

This is a picture of our dining room. Are you noticing my beautiful tree. This is what I tell everybody who asks about it; "It is like a fake tree, but it's real, but it's dead." Cool Right???Here is a picture of me and my girl. She went 'peeps' on the potty for the first time last week. It was kind of exciting actually. We go to the doctor today for her three year check-up and for McKenna's 15 month check-up. (I want Mickey to be her nickname but spell it like this: McKe. Is that totally dorky)?? (I'll need your help calling her that though, more than one person has to call her McKe for it to be a nickname).

And here are my new blond hairs. Okay my hair is not usually this flippy-outey, this is my attempt at straightening, Pathetic right? The hair is okay for summer, but I have no intentions of being a permanent blond.

Today is Jeff's boards, so if you can say a little prayer for him, I know that he would appreciate it. I am so glad that it is ALMOST OVER. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bragged about Jeff on my family blog, but I'll brag about him here too. He recieved a regent scholarship again this year. I am so proud of him and all of his hard, focused work that lets him be a great student and a great husband and father. (Just a side note; it you look closely behind me you will see my giraffe covered bar stools)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I like the blonde! You can be a perma-blonde! AND I LOVE YOUR GIRAFFE CHAIRS. And your dead/living/fake tree? CUTE CUTE CUTE. Yay for updates and yay for boards being ALMOST OVER.

(this is Brianna)

Stacey said...

You're hair isn't so blonde, it's cute though. Straighteners take awhile to master. You're apartment and projects are lovely, the hutch is fabulous. Just one question, is the tree dead on purpose or because of neglect?

Stephanie said...

The tree is dead because it is a branch that broke off a tree in front of our apartment, so it is dead on purpose.

Matt and Maggie said...

LOVE the hutch. So spiffy!

melbel said...

How would that be to have a decorating mind like yours...like when you see a branch and think, "that would look good right next to my dining room table." Or even to see the potential in an ugly hutch and make it look so cute. Seriously, what is that like? :)

J and M said...

I'll call her McKe (: although I might forget the spelling?

What is that cute table. No more the chairs that are very upright yet tip over? I like the hutch, AND I am impressed that you purchased from craigslist!!!!

Cute hair. Mine is growing tooo fast.

how was the drive through TX? I called you back but we must have missed each other.