12.28.2011

Yesterday was my 26th birthday. I woke up to Lauren telling me happy birthday. It is really fun having kids to spend a birthday with. I asked Lauren how old she thought I was (probably a mistake) and she said 42. Hmmm. Sometimes I feel 42. I noticed 5 or 6 grey hairs on Monday.

Jeff made me breakfast and gave me my present (a really nice insulated picnic basket). Then my Mom took me to lunch and then we all went roller skating. I have been wanting to take the girls roller skating for awhile but the logistics had never quite worked out, but my Mom came and watched Callum and my Dad actually skated. The girls did really well. Kenna seemed to like it a little better then Lauren (she was enthralled with the arcade games though). Lauren liked to hang onto your hand and then drop and slide her skates around making both of us almost fall. And we spent a lot of our time under the disco ball watching the circles on the ground, and that made me totally nauseous.

We had dinner and ice cream cake with my parents and my sister and her husband, then Jeff took me to see New Year's Eve. It was a really great day.

No comments: