12.28.2011

Christmas

Can you believe I didn't take a single picture on Christmas? Well I can. I was busy video taping. It was a really great day starting off at 5:45 am. Yikes. My parents have 9:00 church so I just decided to get up after I fed Callum. My parents spoke at church which was lovely but it meant that Jeff and I wrestled our kids alone in a ward that was VERY QUIET.

There were some really cute things the girls said on Christmas

1. Lauren ran downstairs and looked in her stocking and saw that Santa Claus had left her some new cups and she "Cups. That's 'zactly what I always wanted." She is so easy to please.

2. Kenna and Lauren took candy canes to church to eat after the sacrament and then I notice that both of them had them unwrapped just holding them, and then a little while later they were licking them.

Me: Kenna we can't eat those till after the sacrament.
Kenna: I'm not eating it. I'm licking it.

Me: Lauren we can't eat those yet.
Lauren: But they are so yummers. With the cutest little look on her face.

It was a long Christmas day that didn't end until 11 or so. I got it in my head to do a 12 days of Christmas Christmas dinner and it was really fun. I made up some menus, and served the courses. We started appetizers at about 2 and dinner was at 6 and I think dessert was at 9:30 or 10. It was fun and I'm glad my family went along with it. (They all think I have crazy ideas and are sometime leery to let me do what I want to do).

1 comment:

J and M said...

What cute little gals!!! Yummers indeed (: