10.22.2008

Butter Anyone


This morning Lauren woke up with a scream followed by some cries, which isn't unusual. But when I walked into her room she was still laying down. Usually in the mornings she dumps all of her blankets out of her crib when she wakes up. So I went over to her crib and looked at her and her leg was stuck between the slats. I tried to pull the slats apart just a little to see if she could pull her leg out. That didn't work so I went and got some butter out of the fridge. When I got back she was sitting up so her leg wasn't at a weird 90 degree angle anymore. I tried to pull her pant leg up but it was so tight I could barely get it up. Once I got butter on her leg it slid through pretty easily. But she has a bruise on her leg and she sat on my lap for about 10 minutes after that, and those of you who know Lauren know that it must have been a traumatic experience if she sat on my lap. Good thing I didn't have to call 911.

6 comments:

Alissa said...

Oh my goodness! What a sad experience for the little girl. Didn't you have an experience like that when you were babysitting Katia?

Stephanie said...

Now that you say that it seems like it but I don't think that is was Katia. It was at Kevin and Adelle's duplex and someone was stuck in a chair. Maybe it was Katia!

Kim said...

OUCH!!! Boy, butter has some really good uses! I'm glad she's okay...

Jami Heward said...

HAHA...I mean, thats so sad! How the heck did she get her leg in there if it was so hard to get out? Thats crazy! Good thinking on the butter though, you're a smarty!

Cindy said...

Oh motherhood, you never know what is going to happen! I am glad she is okay! When I was little and I would burn my finger my grandma would tell me to put a little bit of butter on it. ha!!!

Anonymous said...

It was Simon's head, by the way. And the same thing happened to me last month when I was babysitting a particulary chubby little fellow, and he got his leg stuck. But it didn't require butter to get him out.