5.11.2009

Like Sunshine in the Morning. . .

Lauren has been sleeping in as of late and usually McKenna snoozes too, but today she is awake so I thought I would take advantage of this time and review Mothers Day. I'm not usually the gushy type when it comes to blogging but I have to say what a wonderful Mother I have. I can't think of a single person who has more love for her children. My Mom cares about every feeling, every failed attempt, every pain, every idea when it comes to her children. Thank you Mom.

A special thanks to Marlene for raising the man in my life to be so kind and patient. You did such a wonderful job.

More thanks go to all the moms that I am surrounded by, your example and friendships help me to make it through the day.

On to the fun stuff. Yesterday the boys were in charge of dinner. See Photo below. It was really a great dinner. Poor Jeff has such high ambitions. He decided that he wanted to make a homemade fresh peach pie AND a banana cream pie. The sweet man was in the kitchen for about 31/2 hours. There were no tears shed, but it was a close call.

But Jeff went all out, I feel so spoiled but also have the need to brag. He bought me a corsage to wear. "Lauren"got me a certificate to go get a massage, since I do blame her for my back pains. "McKenna" got me the greatest gift I could ever imagine:
I have always wanted a beach towel. I was always the dorky kid at the pool with just a normal bath towel. Now I can be in style with my High School Musical beach towel. It had to be from McKenna because there is no way Jeff would have bought me a Zac Efron towel.

Thanks Jeff for being so thoughtful and loving. (Sorry about the spacing of this post, I am so computer illiterate)

6 comments:

Yearsley couple said...

Heck yeah go HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!! I am so jealous of your towel. I know what I want for Mothers day next year. I am glad you had a wonderful day. Love kat

Amber said...

What a great husband! That is so cute that he made dinner, and bought you gifts from each of the girls. I'm glad to know that maybe John will still celebrate Mother's Day when we are students!

Hartleys said...

I need Jeff to teach me about pie crusts. I always mess up the edges somehow. Great Mother's Day presents. Let's go have our end of the school year party sometime soon. :)

Alissa said...

I thought I'd try to help out your comments so that you can finally post again. OH MY GOSH!!!

He got you a High School Musical Beach Towel!! WOW!!! What a GREAT guy! You should bring it to our pool party. :)

J and M said...

Way to go McKenna, the Zac beach towel is second only to Jeff's time consuming meals of splendor!!!

We were just talking about your kind mothers the other day (and how they let you sleep on the floors in their rooms at various times.........as Ellie is back at that habit again!).

Guess what. Jon has an opera thing this summer, so my mom is flying the kids and I up to MN. Glad for me with the time, but SADNESS as we won't be driving through to see you. Do you have any reason to come to TX EVER??????

M

Alissa said...

YAY! Another comment! This should be your last before you get motivated to post again!

What a great post!! Can't wait for the next!