4.21.2009

A Slow News Day

Apparently my blogging friends are experiencing the same slow news day (or week) that I am because there aren't any new posts. So I decided to blog anyway, about something, though I am awaiting the uh... uh... (the opposite of the writers block). The inspiration hit me to write about 10 things I love. Here goes.

1. Twinkies
2. Shirley Temples (the drink silly. . .though the girl is awfully adorable)
3. A good afternoon thunderstorm (thunderstorms at night scare me)
4. The smell of a craft store
5. Hearing the song that you been wanting to hear being played on the radio.
6. Seeing my beautiful girls sleeping (they just look so peaceful and calm)
7. Reading a book (I love that longing you have when you can't read it because you are doing something else and plan when you can pick it up again. However finishing a book always makes me sad because it's over, and you have nothing to look forward to).
8. Matching hangers (someday all my hangers are going to be wood, no mis-matched hangers (call me O.C.D.)).
9. A perfectly folded shirt, towel, sweater (actually anything folded lovely
10. You know when you finally replace a burnt out light bulb you notice how much brighter your life could have been if you had just replaced the light bulb when it first burnt out. I love that realization.

I have many, many more things that I love, but I think that we'll keep it at ten for those of us with ADHD and can't handle any more.

14 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks, I was wondering what happened to you! Speaking of folding things lovely, I got my Better Homes and Garden magazine that showed sheets all folded neatly with the pillowcase wrapped around them like a band. It looked awesome. I am a little o.c.d. too, I just cleaned out my closet and now I have all white plastic hangers. Wood takes up too much room. love ya!

Kim said...

Just love you Steph!

Matt and Maggie said...

I enjoyed that. What especially put a grin on my face was number 4. My friend and I were just discussing the need women have to shop. I think you'd concur.

Brianna said...

Soooo I totally agree with the hanger one. I hate that my hangers are mismatched, but while I'm renting and a lot of things don't match, I'll just have to deal with it. But someday, yes someday, they will all match PERFECTLY!

Diantha said...

I was showing Curt #10, because he is finally changing all of the light bulbs that have burnt out. His response was "I like to think of it as look at all of the money I have saved!". I agree with you Stephanie!

Hartleys said...

I was wondering why nobody has been updating their blogs lately. You have inspired me. I threw a random post up today. Although mine has pictures....what's a blog post without pictures????

Hope Lauren is feeling better.....

J and M said...

I'm glad that you have found out Miss L has a double ear infection and can now get well!

As for this list, I would not only like matching hangers (but I'd want really skinny wooden ones), I'd like to coordinate my closet by types of fabric or something fun. I have knits away from the dressier stuff.

I love twinkies. I love thunderstorms day and night. I love to see crafts done at your house and want you to arrange my house (:

I've never had a shirley temple.

Loves to you, MJEM

Daven and Savanna Lake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daven and Savanna Lake said...

Holy Smokes chiquita! Last I saw you, you were prego with your primo. Now you have two little ones...how exciting! I haven't seen or talked to you in awhile, I'm glad I stocked you through Tasha's blog :)

J and M said...

Hey, I just read Shopaholic (The first one). Funny! M

Hartleys said...

I also forgot to mention that I'm glad you kept your list at ten, not because of ADHD but for those of us with OCD and like lists to be in "tens". :)

Have some more fun ideas for Saturday. I will call you later.

J and M said...

Hey, I sent you a fun email. Did you get it? M +

Cindy said...

Hi Steph!

Thanks for sharing things you love! It is so fun to find things out about your friends!

Amber said...

I would definitely agree with numbers 2 and 3. Thunderstorms were one of the things that I missed when I lived in Utah and Washington. Also, on our last trip, I was needing a book to read so I bought Shopaholic at the airport. I thought it was a cute and fun book. Are the others better or worse?