2.10.2009

"A SMATHERING, IF YOU WILL"

Well just a few random comments for all my blogging friends. First of all a baby update.


- I am 36 weeks and four days. Which means that if I were pregnant with Lauren I wouldn't be pregnant anymore.

- I went to the doctor yesterday, and Kudos to my Mom who guessed I would be dilated about 2cm but no more than three, I measured two and a half. (But the lady had big hands so I say I am a three) I'm also 80% effaced. For those of you who really wanted to know that kind of information. They made it sound like I was coming back next week for my appointment, but I have no plans of needing that appointment. Nine months is tooo long to have a baby in the oven, I don't have patience for it. Think about it, cookies are always better a little gooey.


- For anyone who hasn't heard we like the name Reese, it is not final, but we don't have any back-ups either.


- I would post a picture of me being pregnant, but I look like a beached whale. Just kidding. I just never seem to look good when I think about Jeff taking a picture of me.


Now for my other information. Many of you have heard me talk about my chair that I was getting. I told Jeff that it was the only thing I wanted with this baby (not really true, but a good way to get what I want.) So here is a picture of my chair that came after only three weeks of waiting. They say it take 6-1o weeks. I was so excited when they said it was ready. It is the most lovely thing on earth. It rocks and swivels, and best of all I can nap in it. So I have been very diligent about making sure Lauren's hands are always clean, that I take her clothes off if she gets food on them, and have enforced the rule that all food must be eaten at the table. But last night Jeff was sitting in my chair, and I was on the floor making a grocery list, and Lauren was drawing on my paper, when she ran over to Jeff with the pen in her hand, I quickly asked Jeff if the pen was clicked, but it was too late. My chair had already been defaced. So Kim I can relate to hot chocolate on your bed. To quote Kemp "this is why we don't have nice things." Here is a picture of the damage
Can you see it? Those two offending lines of pen. It will probably come out, but I was too degratated to try. (Is that even a word? Amy says it in "little women") Being pregnant and all, things are a little more dramatic then they seem.

7 comments:

Alissa said...

Oh my goodness stephanie! When you mention cookies being better I pictured a gooey baby. Not a good correlation! Your chair is lovely but I'm afraid further incidents with Lauren are bound to continue. Good luck defending the chair!

Jami Heward said...

Dude...cookies...a baby? Not the same! lol I had a good laugh though! Good luck!

Stephanie said...

Golley, it was an analogy, it's not supposed to be the same thing, didn't you take English.

Stacey said...

Greg used the cookie analysis too, when refering to babies. The recipe says 8-10 minutes, if they're done at 8 take them out. There's no reason to leave them to 10. By the way I walked around 80% effaced and at a 4 for TWO WEEKS! Happy waiting!
(Try some rubbing alcohol on your chair, pat don't rub though.)

Tasha said...

I understand the wanting to come early-the longer they're in there, the bigger the head and likely the more painful the birthing process (are you planning natural or C-section?).
Your chair looks lovely and just perfect. I told myself yesterday I want a chair in the "mommy" corner by the window (in my future dream house) one day.

Kim said...

Steph, your chair is lovely. I'm sorry it was "broken in" so quickly. Can't wait to hear about the new baby coming! I love the name Reese..it's cute and a good strong name! Miss you, friend. I could use a good long walk right now.

J and M said...

The chair is gorgeoussss. I am happy that it came prior to your taking-her-own-sweet time baby (can you see why I rejoice when mine are born at 39 weeks!!!! Not a moment too soon)....

I am sorry for the pen marks. Sigh. I am not good at getting pen out. m