4.01.2013

Re-Birthday

My Birthday was back in December, and it was a pretty crappy day for me. Let me preface this with how my Mom does a birthday with a Birthday Check List of must-haves

1. Crete paper and balloons up before you wake up

2. Breakfast of choice'

3. Presents on the table

4. Dinner of choice

5. Birthday cake of choice

6. Candles

So on my actual birthday I got one of these things. So I know that I am 27 but I still need Crete paper and balloons and a birthday cake. Jeff was had worked overnight so he pretty much slept on my birthday, and I could not let him live down my disappointment. So when we were in Nebraska for spring break Jeff surprised me (appeased me)  with a little re-birthday. (Caitlin, if you are reading this, it was your blog post that inspired me to plant the idea of a re-birthday in Jeff's head). It was already a really great day because my Mom spoiled me and my sister by having a girls day. She took us to get pedicures and massages. When we got home there was Crete paper and balloons, and Jeff had dinner made. He even whipped up a strawberry trifle. I'm not sure when he did all this because he was watching four kids and took them to the park too. Then to top it all off he got my family to play Pictionary. I'm not really a game person, but I love playing Pictionary with my family. I didn't get my apricot stuffed french toast, but it still was great to be surprised like that.


1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Yay for re-birthdays! :)