12.13.2012

Gingerbread House

This was my first time making a gingerbread house I can't say that it was very successful. First of all I cut out all the parts before I baked them, which wasn't terrible except the fact that the warped a little bit. I wasn't very careful about the thickness and the ones that were really thick have fluffy windows. So for the purist gingerbread maker this house is a disaster because there is a ton of hot glue holding this thing together. I also was a little unsure of how done they should have been when I took them out of the oven. Because they weren't hard when I tested them I left a couple of them in until the were crisp in the oven which basically means that they are burnt. Lessons learned: Next year be diligent in my rolling, and take them out when the are still soft. They cool hard. 


2 comments:

Stacey said...

It's not that bad and I bet a lot of gingerbread houses are held together with glue. Did you have a template or were you the architect.

Stephanie said...

Template. Bob Villa.