11.27.2011

Things I've Learned

Jeff and I just got home from doing three interviews. University of Utah on Monday, University of Wisconsin on Wednesday and Mayo Clinic on Friday. Here are things I learned.

1. I am a little claustrophobic in the last row and next to the window of an airplane.

2. Having a stroller and a baby gets you on the airplane first, but you also get off last.

3. Just because the word Grand is in the name of the hotel doesn't necessarily mean that the hotel IS grand. And in our case, far from.

4. The water in Madison Wisconsin is disgusting.

5. I was not meant to be a traveler. I kept getting confused about which state I was in and which one I had come from.

6. It is a good thing that I don't rely on public transportation. Jeff and I rode the trax in SLC and it took me like ten minutes to figure out the map and which train to get on.

7. My scarf got stolen on the airplane. That's not something I learned, just a side note.

8. You apparently have to either ski or mountain bike to fit in in SLC.

9. I really should have bought those pacifier wipes before we went on our trip. Callum's poor pacifier was on so many airport floors, airplane floors, hotel floors, restaurant floors. YUCK. Let's just say his immune system got a little tougher.

10. Car rentals are really REALLY expensive. Hence the reason we only got a car for one day to drive from Madison to Rochester.

Well that's all that I learned on this trip. We'll see what I learn when we go to Nashville in January.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I learned that you should always let your wife pick the hotel and that she is a great person to travel with.

XOXO-Jeff

J and M said...

You brave traveler!!!