8.11.2009

Ups' and Downs'

Today had been a surprising and disappointing day. I won't go into all the details, but it involves a car not starting, Jeff being gone, walking in the heat of the day, and Hy-Vee AND Walmart NOT having "17 Again" at red box.
But on the up side, we had a really great time with Scott, Kim and Tyson who bailed us out of car trouble and invited us to dinner. YUM! They are really such wonderful friends (thanks again).
Another happy thing is when Lauren and Jeff were leaving to go to the park this morning, Lauren blew a kiss to McKenna and said "I Lub you McKenna." So adorable. I thought Lauren was handling things really well when we first brought McKenna home from the hospital, but as I look back a pictures she always has a blank stare on her face, or a slightly confused onCheck Spellinge. I can really tell that she is back into her happy, exuberant self (even though I didn't realize she had been missing until yesterday when I had this epiphany).
More happiness is that we are making fried ice cream tonight. I also re-stocked my Swiss Roll stash tonight so I can have a fix when I have days like today. Hope all are well.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Cars not starting are not fun. Where did Jeff go? Orientation isn't until next week, right? Sad day about '17 again--you know you can reserve it online for no extra charge?
Fried ice cream, sounds good. I've never had it. How do you fry something cold?
When do you move?

Hartleys said...

Please, please, please don't tell me the walking in the heat of the day was not to pick up "17 Again".....

Yay for Swiss Rolls!

Stephanie said...

Jeff went on team ups with the missionaries. Unbelievable, I know that the ward mission leader would go on team-ups. The walking was actually to go to the splash park since our car didn't start we treked it. And once our car did start Jeff went to Blockbuster to get 17 again. It was super funny.

Hartleys said...

You guys are crazy with the Blockbuster. It was probably at the Redbox at Hyvee for a buck. (Wait, haven't we had this conversation?)

I'm glad things worked out - are things OK at our house?

Your Mormon Sister said...

I love reading your posts. "More happiness is..." You're so cool. :)

Tasha, you've NEVER had fried ice cream!? Where are you from? And "How can you fry something cold?"...don't ask questions...just go get some!

--Savanna

melbel said...

mmmmm....swiss rolls.

Bummer about your day. And it always happens when someone is doing their calling, right?!

Hope your days are better.