8.16.2009

Gushy

This week Jeff and I celebrated our third anniversary. It has gone by so fast and has been so fun and so irritating (at times). We started the day off (or I should say that Jeff started his day off) by taking his classmate and his wife to the airport at 4:30am. He then came home and said that he couldn't go back to sleep and that he felt cold. (Alarms were going off in my head). I got up with the girls and played with them while Jeff slept until 10:00am. (Did I mention that we had anniversary plans at 9:00)? He had a fever and took some medication and then got ready to go to a luncheon for school tutors. The car wouldn't start when he tried to leave, so the poor guy had to walk to a gas station to, obviously, get gas. He then went and got me flowers and a violin bow, and went to a part store to find out about our car. When he got home is was about 3:30pm and was so tuckered out that he passed out on the couch until the girls went to bed.


He somehow suckered up the will to get ready to take me out to dinner as planned and then went to go see the proposal. (really funny p.s.) So all in all it was a semi disappointing day but one that reminded me of what love is really about. And one that reminded me of how much Jeff loves me.


A List of the reasons I chose Jeff

1. Jeff is the most sincere man I have ever known

2. Jeff is the eternal optimist (very refreshing when you are as pessimistic as I am)

3. Jeff is a hard worker (the whole time we have been married Jeff has handled school, me and the girls and usually two jobs)

4. Jeff is a perfectionist (well this is actually a totally irritating trait to me, but I know that if I want something done well, I know who to turn to).

5. Jeff once brushed my teeth for me when I was sick (he was a CNA and I knew then that he would always take care of me when I needed it)

6. Jeff once came and threw rocks at my window and went for a walk in the rain

7. On our first date Jeff made me a bouquet of candy bars.

8. Jeff is a good dresser (shallow, I know, but important).

9. While we were dating, Jeff sent me a dozen roses while I was in Utah. I remember I seat-belted them into the van on the way home).

10. A week before we got married Jeff brought me 7 gladiolas, one for everyday until the big day.

11. Jeff surprised me with a limo ride on our wedding day, because he knew I really wanted to have a limo.

12. Jeff would very occasionally skip class to spend time with me while we were dating. (He put the kibosh on that one after we got married).

13. Jeff would come over while we were dating and he would end up watching a movie with my Mom because I would fall asleep in the first ten minutes.

14. Jeff always helped me experience new things like four wheeling, golfing, rummy, apple cake, and dumb and dummer

15. Jeff does everything in his power to make, and keep me happy. (Except playing ticket to ride on Sundays)

16. Jeff is always giving of himself to others.

17. Jeff has no enemies. There is no one that Jeff doesn't like.

18. Jeff is morally astute.


(Jeff singing Forever, and Ever at our reception)

This is just a short list of the reasons I fell in love with Jeff. He always treats me so well, and not just part of me. He is always conscious of my emotions, my physical comfort, my mental fortitude and my spiritual well-being. Jeff is an amazing person, as all those who know him would agree. I am truly lucky to have a such a fine and dedicated man as my husband for all eternity.

7 comments:

Alissa said...

Ahh that is just so sweet!!! Happy anniversary...I'm sorry I totally missed it....well thats not true, I did think about the fact that it was coming up but forgot to wish you well. You do have a great guy for a husband!! LOVE YOU STEPH!!

Hartleys said...

12. Jeff would very occasionally skip class to spend time with me while we were dating. (He put the kibosh on that one after we got married).

Wait, why can't our husbands do this now???!? Grrr.....only one more week of freedom.

P.S. I totally agree with #17, although it could be backwards, I am sure that anybody who meets Jeff likes him, as well! Congrats on three years! :)

Amber said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I'm glad that you were able to do something to celebrate even if it was at the end of the day. John and I "celebrated" our 5th anniversay on Aug 7th by unpacking and cleaning all day. We planned on just taking Makenna with us to dinner that night, but had some neighbors offer to babysit, so we did actually end up having a nice dinner, but that was about it. And of course presents were out of the question on our wonderful student budget. I guess not all anniversaries can be big, romantic celebrations. BTW, do you have any tips on curbing the shopping bug when it hits?? I havn't even been on a student budget for a month, and I am already feeling like I need to go shopping!!

Erin said...

Happy belated anniversary! I wish I would have known that day - would have said something to him at least! And so sorry to hear that he wasn't feeling well - what a great guy to take us to the airport that early!

Tasha said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry Jeff wasn't feeling well enough to carry out the celebration plans. I remember your long list of qualifications for a husband. Besides his height, you found someone who had everything:)

Matt and Maggie said...

I want to play Ticket to Ride!! Not very good but I do like that game.

Matt and Maggie said...

Where is the crayon? The chalk just washed off in the rain, but I am a huge fan of MR CLEAN MAGIC ERASERS!! Have you ever tried them? Good stuff.