3.09.2009

Consumer Depression

So I went to Michaels tonight to get a couple of picture frames for Lauren's room and I knew that their frames were 50% off, so I went and found some that I liked and went up to pay for them and that particular "collection" wasn't on sale. BUMMER. It made me feel so depressed. So obviously I didn't get the frames, so I went to Walmart to see if they had any, but they didn't have any cute white frames so I wandered around looking for something to buy. Is it crazy that spending money makes me feel happy (much to Jeff's dismay)?

I wanted to buy something, but everything that I wanted was sooo expensive, or I didn't really need it, so I didn't buy anything. Well that's not true, I did buy a power cord. Exciting Huh? I came home feeling so depressed and asked Jeff how many more years it was until we'll have an income. :)
I would eat some ice cream but I've already had some already today. Our neighbor brought down brownies and I have already most of them, and it is too late to start a movie, oh well I guess I'll just sleep off my consumer depression.

Marni, I miss the garage where everything is "$Free.99"

6 comments:

Yearsley couple said...

Hey Stef, Don't get down on the money issue, Doug and I both graduated and we still live like we are poor...cus we are. But also congrats on your adorable children. You make such a wonderful mom.Love Kat yearsley

Matt and Maggie said...

Awe, I feel you. You'll get your way soon. I'm glad that's the only thing depressing you. :)

Cindy said...

Stephanie,

Don't you think that some days you just need to buy something? I know I get those urges now and then!!!
Oh and the ice cream thing.....you are more disciplined than I...I probably would have more anyway!!

Alissa said...

Mom taught me that if I can't say something nice not to say anything at all. :) BE HAPPY!

J and M said...

Me too about the garage (: Miles needs some summer shorts!! I'll just send you some of our toys and clothes and you can pretend they are from the garage.......

Are there any frames that can be painted? You are so handy.......(I'm recalling piano bench cover, lamp bases turned a rustic reddish color).....

Stacey said...

Steph,
Kohl's and Shopko are super places to find cute white frames on sale, that's where I get most of mine. Just think about all the character you're building. You'll be so strong in eight years, right? Buy some cute socks for you they are inexpensive but make you feel good.