3.23.2009

A Fun Filled Week

Last week was spring break and we had so much fun having Jeff home, everyday there was an adventure to be had. On Monday we went to the zoo with Garry, a recent convert in our ward, and he is just the sweetest man (we told him he could be Lauren's Omaha grandpa).


On Tuesday my sister Kristie flew in from Salt Lake so she and my parents dropped by to chat. We also picked up our new double stroller that we found on craigslist from Papillion. Lauren got soooo mad when we put it in the trunk, so we tested it out at the outdoor mall and ate dinner.

On Wednesday Jeff had to go to his preceptor for the day so Lauren and I had some friends over for breakfast and that was really fun. Later that night we met up with Jeff and Tasha for dinner at Valentinos, and thanks to a whole lot of mini m&ms and Jeff B doing a million magic tricks with Lauren she was mostly well behaved. :)

Thursday was story time at the library and we were so excited to have Jeff come with us. At breakfast we tried a new purple carrot juice (we might try it as a lipstick as well). We later went to Lincoln to see Kristie and everybody else.
Friday Jeff and Lauren went swimming and had a blast. And we had a little "accident" with the stars on our bed. So we have been sleeping on crumbs for a while, but a least it was fun for Lauren right?
Saturday we went to the zoo again this time with Jeff and Tasha (and again they were a really big help with Lauren. We then had a young womens dessert auction which Jeff signed me up for. (husbands, aren't they great?) It was actually really fun and the young women raised $1,900 for girls camp. Yahoooo. Jeff thinks we should do a fundraiser for his tuition, we'd only need $39,000 more. :) And after that I made Jeff watch Twilight with me because he hadn't seen it yet.

Sunday we had Kemp and Jenny down for dinner and played ticket to ride in which I got my bum kicked, ending up with the lowest score ever of 49. Yup. This is a picture of Lauren being a great big sister and sharing her doll with McKenna (actually I think the doll was there first but I took her out so I could put McKenna in the swing. Lauren got mad and put her doll back in the swing).

We are sad to let our papa dad go back to school. It has been so fun to have him home. He got up and made breakfast for us in the morning and helped out with McKenna at night. Gosh he is just the greatest. He always works sooo hard it was nice for him to have time on his hands to take a nap or read a book (both of which he did this week). Jeff we love you and are going to miss you. You are a great daddy.



6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks hun, I sure had fun this last week too. I love you, Lauren, and McKenna.

Jeff

Matt and Maggie said...

I'm gonna make Matt watch Twilight with me too. :)

J and M said...

LOVE having spring break indeed! I'm glad for your double stroller, for your many trips to the zoo, and I haven't seen twilight yet. What do you think of that? Good heavens........... (P.S. Miles learned to sleep with Jon while I was gone. He wakes up once for a binky, Jon helps him, and I am in heaven!!!!). How about Miss L?

Hartleys said...

You forgot to mention that on top of being a great daddy (I love how he loves holding McKenna) he is rocking it out in school, too. I'm glad Jeremy has such a good friend!

And I am also in mourning at the end of Spring Break. I guess just enjoy them while we have them! Won't get spring break in residency!!!

Tasha said...

I'm loving the lipstick carrot juice-that is intense! I too am not excited about the return of school. I've found some med student family support websites and I think I'll write a blog on them. It's not exciting knowing that the worst is yet to come... (how is that even possible?)

Amber said...

That does sound like a fun week! We have yet to take Makenna to the zoo. You should let us know the next time you go. I'm going to try to learn as much as I can from you about being poor students before John and I head back to school in the fall. For instance, should I practice being thrifty now, or feast before the famine??