1.21.2009

Nesting mixed with O.C.D.

Finally an update to my blog. My sister asked why I haven't blogged anything for so long, and I told her that I haven't had time. (I'm not blessed with a job where I get paid to do nothing) She and my Mom scoffed at that comment of not having time, and I told them that I can't blog while Lauren is awake and when she is napping, I have to nap, and when she is in bed I have been busy nesting. To quote Mary Poppins "A robin feathering her nest has very little time to rest, while gathering her bits of twine and twigs."
I didn't nest at all when I was pregnant with Lauren so this is a very strange sensation that I need, need, need to have the rugs in the bathroom washed today, or that the lamp in our bedroom has to be spray painted. Only to be spray painted again the next day because I didn't like the color (thanks Jeff). I told Jeff tonight "I'm nesting" and he said "I'm well aware." Because not only does my nesting affect me, it also means Jeff's honey-do list is longer. But poor Jeff doesn't have the energy boost that comes with nesting.
Anyway I should probably post a few pictures because what is a blog without pictures? These are all very random pictures that I should have blogged before.

This is a snowman that Lauren and I built. When Jeff saw the picture he asked if I used oreos for the eyes, and I said "no, those would be raisins." What can I say the snow is cold on bare hands.

Hope you enjoyed the crazy gingerbread cookies. Kristie I think that you and I should have a competition on the best decorated cookies:) This last picture is from the car ride to North Platte for Christmas. We were taking a picture to Grandma that Lauren made in story time at the Library and I turned around and she had taken all the stickers off and put them on her face. She does really love stickers.


This is a picture of Lauren on Christmas wearing Alissa's princess jewelry. I had the stomach flu, but still enjoyed Christmas.

This was my birthday present. Jeff and I went to the Nebraska City to the Lied Lodge and had a carriage ride and spent the night, because what I wanted more than anything was an uninterrupted night of sleep. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for watching Lauren and waking up with her at 5:00 am. He He. (She was still excited about playing with her Christmas presents, so she was waking up really early ready to play)

I am just totally impressed by this. I was out doing something in the kitchen and I came to check on Lauren and she had done this all by herself. I was so afraid that she was going to knock it down before I got a picture of it.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Stephanie..so happy to see some news on your blog...if you are nesting, does that mean your due date is close? I miss you, girl!

Alissa said...

Hmmmm!! I resent that! I'll have you know I've been very busy at work this last week and it's likely to continue for at least another week! Sheesh! :)
Thanks for the blog, as always very entertaining.

Stacey said...

Isn't nesting the craziest feeling. You know in your head that you don't need to clean the bugs out of the light fixtures, but if you don't you'll go insane. You're hilarious by the way.

Adrianna said...

Very cute! I guess I wouldn't understand the whole "nesting" concept but it's good to hear an update from you! I hope all is well :D Maybe I will see you next time I am back in that direction. Have fun with your wonderful experience of nesting :D :D

Matt and Maggie said...

Thanks for allowing me to keep up with you and yours. I'm glad Jeff seems so understanding about the nesting. K, so, how old is Lauren? When are you do? And what are you having, do you know? I think it is funny that when we saw each other at the General RS broadcast neither of us mentioned the other being pregnant. But I couldn't tell you were. Rebekah told me later. Congrats and good luck the second time around.