12.09.2008

O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree

Sorry my dear blogging friends for being such a slacker in posting. I have been a little busy with my new calling of, get this, cub scouts. What is ironic is that I was talking to a lady in our ward and she had just found out that she was getting released as the den leader, and she was really sad about it. I told her that that is one calling I don't ever want to have. And it turns out that Heavenly Father has ears, and probably a sense of humor as well. Since I don't have a clue about scouts except that there is a birdhouse involved, I have been spending my spare time reading the scout manuals.
Now for Christmas tree fun; we went to this place called "Santa's Woods" in Blair and it was really cute. Santa was there and they had reindeer (back-ups in case one of Santa's gets sick or something, and believe you me that they looked like back-ups). But what I thought was so cute was upstairs in the barn. There was a man who made wood toys and was there showing them off, and a lady selling her knit sweaters and hats. There was also a lady who was hand-painting ornaments. It was like Santa's workshop up there. Needless to say it was very cold that day and we rode the tractor up to the field they dropped us off, picked out a tree and were back on the tractor in about 90 seconds to go get more hot chocolate.

At home Lauren was a great helper. She helped Jeff put the screws in the tree stand, and helped untangle the lights, sort of. She loved hanging up the ornaments. They were on the couch and she would grab one and race to the tree to put in on and then race back to get another one. So a lot of our ornaments were at the bottom of the tree where Lauren put them, but as the days go on they are mostly at the top where Lauren can't get them. I'm afraid of putting presents under the tree. Maybe I'll have to triple wrap them.

4 comments:

J and M said...

Hey, I recognize that sweat suit!!! First things first........any calling I say that I do not want, I have ended up with. Ugh. You will be great!

We, however, MUST have you in Texas as our primary music person. It is so frightful that I am praying each sunday that you will come.

I think that if Lauren has hair by 2, then she will end up like me in life. I had none. I LOVE the name Reese, and now I will stop saying love about a thousand things. Miss you guys!

Adrianna said...

AW THAT IS SOOO PRECIOUS! I LOVE IT! Will I be seeing you guys this Christmas?? How old is Lauren?? awww...well I hope you are having a wonderful day :)

Hartleys said...

Yay, an update! I left our camera cable in Nebraska, so I haven't had the ability/time/desire to update our blog. I miss Lauren! I o0ve the moon/snow boots she's wearing in the first picture.

As much as I thought I would love it, there is a big part of me that misses home in Nebraska. Looks like you had fun and can't wait to get back!!!

--Nat

Kim said...

Looks like you guys had a good time...and i have to admit I had a good chuckle about your new scout calling! I agree with Marni that you can never say aloud the calling you would dread...ha ha! I am now the compassionate service leader in our ward (I'm biting my nails with this one). I miss you Stephanie...you are such a wonderful person and you'll be an awesome scout leader!