11.18.2008

Cakes are made of Flour and Water.

I threw a baby shower for my friend Jenny and got it in my mind that I was going to make a fondant cake. I didn't really want to make a fondant cake but like I said I got it stuck in my mind. I may lack motivation and gumption but if it is my head it is going to happen no matter what. Sooo not really wanting to make a cake that no one would eat because it had gross fondant on it, I decided to make a little cake, for decoration mostly. This way I could use a cake mix, store bought frosting and pre-colored fondant to ease the work load, since it didn't matter because no one was going to eat it. Here are a couple of pictures of the cute little sailboat cake, which turns out tasted really good when you peeled off the fondant.

A couple of days later I had another cake idea get stuck in my head, but when I went to grab a yellow cake mix, all I had was lemon, so I ended up making a white cake from scratch, which I'm sad to say was not as good as the cake mix. Here are pictures of my cake dedicated to my true hero Martha Stewart :) (The colors of the cake are the colors of her logos)


7 comments:

Hartleys said...

I think the Martha Stewart cake tasted as good as it looked! Yummy! You are so talented.

Kim said...

Wow! I'm impressed..big time!! Yay for you! I've never tasted fondant..so don't know if I think it's gross or not...but after watching how much it's handled by peoples hands....kinda grosses me out! Love that show...Ace of Cakes...anyway..good for you!!

Alissa said...

is this the beginning of another cake decorating fettish? You do good work...most of the time. I will never forget the mudslide cake! mmhmmm

Kristie said...

Way to go Stephanie, it looks good!
I agree that fondant makes beautiful cakes, but it tastes icky!

J and M said...

Look at you miss fancy pants cake maker......... and I know all too well that you "had" to make it once it got stuck in your head. That happened to me here, once I got it stuck in my head that I needed to move the christmas tree to the other side of the room, and swap it with the TV.

The other cake is one tall cake! WOW! What was that for? How's life.......send me your email so I can invite you to our blog. We are at jon's full name, a dot, our last name and gmail........

m

Cindy said...

Stephanie, wow, I think you did awesome on your cakes! Beautimous!
I have never tasted fondant before, is it really that bad? LOL!
Anyway, whatever it tastes like, beautiful cakes!!!!

Brittany said...

Wow, I'm really impressed. I didn't know you liked to decorate cakes!