1.08.2014

The Toothfairy

The Toothfairy has now become apart of our household. Lauren lost her first tooth last week. She was so exicted, and I was so excited. Honestly this momentous change from baby teeth to grown-up, big girl teeth has been the most thrilling step so far in the parenting process. Sending them to school is monumental, but is too emotional to be happy about. And I think it is safe to assume that when Lauren starts driving it will be too scary to be find the time to be excited for her about. Yes, losing teeth is safe, and not emotional. Just exciting. She woke up on Friday morning and said that one of her teeth were loose. So I gave it a wiggle and sure enough, it was barely wigglely. She had that sucker out by Sunday. Ah... a child after my own heart. I don't think her fingers left her mouth all weekend. The way she is NOT my child is that she pulled out her own tooth. I never, I repeat NEVER pulled out my own teeth. It could have been hanging by a tread (or whatever it is a tooth hangs by) and I would never pull it out. It usually required that a) my Mom had to trick me and pull it when she promised that she would just wiggle it, or b) my Mom would restrain me somehow and yank it out while I was screaming and crying. (Hmmm. I wonder why she went with the tricking option so many times)? So I was very surprised when she came to me holding her tooth on Sunday. Lauren then asked when the Toothfairy was going to come and how much money she would get for her tooth. Hmm. Good questions. I can honestly say I hadn't ever thought about it until that moment. But the Toothfairy did indeed come and left four quarters. I think I'll have a talk with said Toothfairy and request dollar bills. They are so much more stealth than change. Perhaps our Toothfairy hasn't earned her wings?????

And here is a question; What does the Toothfairy do with the captured teeth?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

She throws them away. Ick.