10.27.2012

The Mostly Finished Product

 So here are a couple of projects that I have been working on that are now finished, or mostly finished, you never really can be sure with me.


I did this one a while ago, and sometimes I love the color and sometimes
I really hate it. And Mom, the poem is for you. 

This is the much talked about and anticipated headboard.  The room is mostly done. I'm going to take the lamps back and get something different because I don't want to have to incorporate the teal color throughout the room. 




I had to collect art work for all of two days to have enough saved
up to make this gallery wall on the stairs up to Callum and Kenna's room.
This is the project that required spray paint. Turns out I have just enough in
my box of spray paint to finish the frames. Believe it or not, I had all of these
frames sitting in a box in the garage. 

If you can't tell, I totally into chalkboards. There is one in every room in the house except Lauren's. They are so versatile. Just erase and write something different on it. I have one above my mantel that I write a scripture on in sort of a subway art look and when I memorize it I erase it and write a new one. 

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Okay, I LOVE all of your pictures. I really like the turquoise color. Love your room and the headboard--how did you make it? You should either post directions or a website you referenced. I like chalkboards too--but my handwriting is not cute like yours. Did you spray paint chalkboard on a board or did you buy a chalkboard for them? And promise me you'll come help decorate my house when (one day) I have one!

Stacey said...

Once there was a mean old witch...Mom used to make me play that every Halloween. It was from one of my piano lesson books. I still sing it to my kids, although for some reason I don't remember how to play it. What is the paint color for your room. I am banging my head against the wall trying to find the right gray for my bedroom/bathroom. I have four different swatches on the wall right now and I am not sure any of them are right. By the way I like the robin egg blue, but maybe not with the wall color.

Brianna said...

Yes, do share about your headboard? Apparently I am not the only who hasn't paid attention haha.

I actually like the turquoise on the lampshades, adds just a little more splash, but you are anal like me and I totally understand your desire to take them back!! :)

Jealous you have a house. Hope to have one next year or so!

What's the scoop with switching residencies, gonna happen!?

Anonymous said...

The headboard looks magnificent. The whole room does.
There used to be a picture there, is the chalkboard permanent? I need to dig out the music book so Alissa can play Mean Old Witch. It has been a tradition for so long. Glad all you girls play.