10.16.2012

Moving Again? What?

So Jeff is probably 85% sure that he is switching to anesthesia. Anesthesia is a four year residency that requires a prelimnary year, so this year in internal medicine won't go to waste thankfully. I am happy about it because it is a more relaxed lifestyle and personally the work sounds like it would suite Jeff's personality better anyway. He met with the person in charge of anesthesia and said that there would be a place for him here at Wisconsin, although he will still have to go through the "match" process again. So this morning Jeff asked if we wanted to move back to Nebraska to do the rest of his residency. WHAT??? I don't mind the actually moving or packing or anything, its the major life decisions that I don't like to make. We just made the decision to move here eight months ago after tons of prayers and Jeff's never ending pros and cons lists that he insists on making. I'm not ready to go through all of that again. So wish us luck. We probably have a month to decide what we want to do. We may possibly be swayed by bribes. Just sayin'.

7 comments:

Liesel said...

STEPHANIE!! I'm pretty sure if Dave told me that, I would flip a wig. I wished we could offer advice or something clever. Good luck?

Cristine said...

Well we'd love to have you guys back here but I guess you'll have to make the pros and cons list and go from there! :)

Gina said...

That's stressful. But I think you know which way I'm voting! ;)

Bobi Jensen said...

I'd love to have you back to get to know you better! Good luck making this decision!

Bobi

Shannon said...

Not a hard decision. Move. Duh. You can live with us, how is that for a bribe.

melbel said...

The house next door is still for sale! Buy it!!! We'll share a backyard. :)

Stacey said...

Just think of how experienced you'll be when all is said and done. You've lived in a differnt state, made new friends, got to decorate another house, you'll have yet another one still, etc. I am sure you'll look back and realize that it was a necessary event in your life. Good luck!