9.16.2012

Callum is One

Ohhh. It has been a long week. We are starting to feel a little bit more settled into a routine around here with Lauren going to school everyday and Kenna going to preschool three days a week. Poor Callum's naps were pretty much a disaster for a while. He turned one last Sunday. I can't believe it has been a whole year since he has been around. He is so fun, and a little grumpy. He has such a beautiful smile that is so affecting. It just melts your heart. Callum is for sure a momma's boy. When I walk out of the room he cries the most heart breaking cry, like I have just ruined his entire life. Its pretty ridiculous actually. But that's the danger when you are such a cool mom. We had a pretty low key party for him on his birthday. We invited our friends the Kings and some of our neighbors.

 


The girls were most helpful to Callum by opening his presents for him
and then by proceeding to play with them. Look at that little face just trying to see what
his present even was. 

The birthday cake. I know it's not glamorous. I didn't put a lot of thought or time into it.
I refuse to put so much work into something no one is going to appreciate. 

Apparently he didn't get too messy because this is the only picture that I took of him
eating his cake. I'm pretty sure he never even really ate the cake he just played with the frosting.
(Which by the way is fine by me. I always thought it was a strange tradition. Think about it; we don't let our babies have sweets and then the turn one and let them have a whole cake to themselves. Imagine the poor little tummy aches).


Me and my boy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Goodman Family said...

what a cutie! Happy birthday!

dana songster said...

He is getting so big. What a handsome little man. We miss you guys. Glad you post on here and facebook. Hope to see you soon.