7.17.2012

It has been one month into residency for Jeff, and I have only cried about four or five times. Not bad right? It is just hard being home with the kids so much without a break. Maybe I need to hire a babysitter to come and be with them for a while when Jeff is going to be late. But that is the problem. Jeff never knows when he is coming home. Sign-out (when they stop taking admissions and give their pager to someone else) is at 4:00pm on short call days. But that doesn't mean he comes home at 4:00pm. Yesterday he had to stay and write notes on all of his patients and didn't get home until 7:30pm. Which isn't terrible except he didn't get home until 10:15 the night before. So I don't really have any chance to leave the house and run errands. But I would rather spend some time with Jeff then go run errands. He is supposed to get one day off every 6 days. But they consider the day you are on-call (goes in at 7:00pm and stays until 11:30am)a day off because you are away from the hospital for 24 hours. 


Sorry for my rant. I guess its just hard. I know I have it much better than some people. 


Everyone in Wisconsin has been so friendly. There are several people in our ward that are walking distance away. It is always fun getting to know new people. But I do miss all of my friends back home. Whenever I was bored I could just text them and we would get together. I miss that. And I miss my family. But we are getting by and usually have smiles on our faces. Except when we don't. 

3 comments:

Bonecrusher said...

Sounds rough for both of you. You guys are rock starts and will get through it. We miss you, too!

Chrinny said...

I would feel the same way Stephanie! I like knowing when I'm going to have help and relief with mommy duties. Wished we lived closer so we could hang out! Miss you and hopefully it gets better:)

Jill and Andy said...

Hang in there Stephanie! Things will get better (they may get worse first, but then they will get better!) I'm not sure I have any great advice, but you can give me a call any time you need to talk to another adult.