1.01.2012

2011 in Review

I think that New Years is becoming one of my favorite holidays. It's a holiday
where we reminisce of what we have done and who we have become and the promise of doing better and becoming more of the person we should become. So with no further adieu here is my list of the top 11 of 2011

1. Finding out that we were having baby number 3. Exactly one year to the date.

2. Taking our first real family vacation with just the four of us. We went to Kansas City and it was so fun to make memories with our little family. Lauren and McKenna still talk about it.

3. Having Jeff take Lauren on a date to go see Annie. It was so cute to see how excited she was to wear her new dress we bought for the occasion.

4. Jeff had a week off from School and we did lots of fun things together, but by far my favorite was having a picnic lunch. It was just one of those perfectly perfect days that only come around once in a while and I will always cherish it.

5. Moving to our three bedroom apartment. Moving is a lot of work but we really love our new place. An attached two car garage. Heavenly. The perfect sledding hill. Awesome.

6. The 4th of July. We went out to Fremont Lakes with friends and then watched fireworks.

7. Preparing for Callum. I love to decorate and having a new baby is a perfect excuse. It really took up a lot of my time.

8. Trying to sleep in a tent in my parents backyard. Ha. I was really pregnant, but we got two air mattresses in it and we read a Junie B. Jones book, but then Kenna wanted to sleep inside so just Jeff and Lauren slept outside but it was still fun.

9. Having Callum. It was painful and by far my worst recovery, but we are glad he is in our lives. He is a little tricky. When he is happy he is really happy and when he is mad he is really mad.

10. Going on interviews with Jeff. SLC was the most enjoyable because I got to see my brother and sister and their families.

11. Lauren's preschool program and primary program. She is a hoot to watch as she is quite the belter.

We have been so very blessed this year. We are grateful for such wonderful friends, good neighbors and loving families. It has been an amazing year of watching my kids grow up and try new things, to get to see Jeff prepare for his future and for me to try and enjoy the ride. We are nervous and excited to see what changes the new year will bring for us. HAPPY NEW YEARS.
(And maybe my next post will be a list of my resolutions). (Aren't you excited)?

1 comment:

J and M said...

How come it was the worst recovery? Tell all? What a fun year (otherwise)!