1.05.2012

12 RESOLUTIONS FOR 2012

This year I resolve to do the following things. Some are silly and some are very important. Here they are in no particular order.

1. Go to the temple more regularly.

2. Buy moisturizing eye cream. I keep seeing the wrinkles around my eyes and know that I need start using cream but I can't bring myself to buy it.

3. Document more. More pictures. More blog posts. More videotaping. I discovered that I have a terrible memory. My memories are jogged much better if I can see a picture or something. During the break Jeff and I burned everything that we have video taped onto DVDs and there was a year and a half on one 1 hour tape. Seriously a year and a half summed up in 60 minutes. That is pathetic.

4. Print off pictures. I haven't printed pictures for three and a half years. They are all on my computer.

5. Feel the spirit everyday. I read and I pray but sometimes I get nothing out of it. Its like doing your laundry but not putting any soap in the washer. It doesn't do any good and I am going to stop my lameness and do better.

6. Start a new tradition. I measure time by holidays and birthdays and I want to make them more memorable for me and my kids.

7. Get a new phone. Those of you who have seen my phone or have tried to talk to me on the phone understand this resolve.

8. Sell a cake. I really do like to make cakes but they are sooooo time consuming I think that I would enjoy making them better if I got paid for the time I put into it.

9. Go to Target no more than once a day. Sounds easy right? WRONG.

10. Spend more quality time with my kids. I sometimes feel like I am around them all the time but that I'm not really with them, if that makes any sense.

11. Make my children their birthday cakes. For a person who likes to make cakes I have NEVER made a birthday cake for my children.

12. Say kinder words. Every knows that I speak my mind and sometimes it hurts peoples feelings. So maybe my resolve is to "think kindlier"

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Hahhahaah #9! :)

Stacey said...

Good luck to you on all of those, especially #9. Seriously, you've never made your own kids birthday cakes? Where do they come from?
Target?

Stephanie said...

Guilty.

The Howards said...

I liked your 2011 Review and 2012 Goals! Made me sit and think of my most memorable moments. Although I haven't officially made any yet. Glad we made it in the 4th of July moment! That was a fun outing!:)

J and M said...

I like them all!
Eye cream is probably over rated (: