4.23.2011

Things I'll NEVER Understand

1. I'll never get Z scores. I get the basic idea, but not really how they get it.

2. I'll never get why men act like a cold is the worst illness ever.

3. I'll never get why all parts of your body get bigger with pregnancy instead of just your tummy. (thighs, ribs, feet, buns). (And I'm pretty sure that my organs aren't getting moved to any of those places, if you used that as an answer).

4. I will NEVER NEVER get how the internet works, digital cameras or T.V. It does in fact kind of freak me out so I prefer not to think about it.

5. Geometrical proofs. I understand calculus proofs but geometrical proofs are like a foreign language to me.

6. I will never get how to wear red lipstick. Celebrities that are pale do it, but I can't get it to look right.

7. I will never get how tennis is scored. People have explained it to me, but it has been "a lesson in futility" (that's for you mom)

8. I will never get the sizing on baby clothes. If it says three months that should be when they start wearing it right? Apparently not.

9. I will never get what the big deal is with Kate and Prince William's wedding. (are those even the right names)? People are crazy about it.

Jeff is telling me that it is time to go to bed, so I guess my list will have to be prematurely ended, as I am sure there are many more things that I will NEVER get.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love when you blog. You are so call-it-as-it-is aka blunt, and I like it! A couple posts ago I don't think I commented but I wanted to. Basically, I am super critical of ads/billboards/news articles, etc. HOW IN THE HECK DO SOME THINGS GET PUBLISHED!? We will never know.

Men are whiny when they get sick. Always. It is funny to me. They think the world is gonna end!

I totally think you can pull off red lipstick! I think you are like the perfect person for it, skin color and personality wise. But I understand that you can't get it to look right. I bought some lipstick recently and...have hardly used it because I look like I'm a kid playing with my mom's makeup.

Royal wedding? Whoop de doo. Is it because they are some of the last with Queens/Princes/etc??

That's all I have for you today. :)

Stacey said...

I think you understand a lot more than me. I had no idea what a Z score even was until I googled it. I have no idea what a geometrical proof or a calculus proof are. I do like the wedding stuff, although I am not getting up at 4 in the morning to watch it. I also don't get tech stuff and avoid trying to because it makes my head hurt and I get anxious that somehow someone is watching me. And as far as the red lipstick goes you have to find the right red with the right undertones, like blue or yellow. At least that's what I've been told. And as far as me getting Mom for Easter, I didn't. We spent Easter by ourselves. I haven't had Mom for Easter for 5 YEARS! Be grateful you had her last year and you get her next year. Sorry you're Bunny Buns didn't work out. :( Happy Easter!

Stephanie said...

The only reason I've heard of Z scores is because thats how they do grades at Med. school. Jeff would come home and say "I got a 1.4 on my test." UMMM. What does that even mean.