4.12.2011

Spring Break

Two weeks ago was Jeff's spring break so we headed south to somewhere warm. That's what you do for spring break right? We went to Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City. The water park is 85 degrees. I personally thought the water and air was too cold, but I am kind of a wimp when it comes to cold.




We headed out Wednesday after preschool and drove 30 minutes before Lauren said she had to go to the bathroom. So a quick detour to a rest area, a few moments of apprehension because of the strange toilets and we were on our way. The girls watched Sid the Science Kid and did really well.


We got to the hotel and while Jeff checked in, us girls waited in the car. When he returned the car wouldn't start so we could park. Luckily there was a nice man who came over and gave us a jump. We drove around for awhile scouting out places to have dinner.


The girls were so scared of going into the water park because it was so loud, but they relaxed and I think over the course of the two times at the water park they went down the kids slides 300 times.


The girls were sooooo good. They loved it. For the course of our trip there were no tantrums, no fighting, just happiness.


A couple funny side stories. We made a quick stop at Russell Stovers for some ice cream cones. It turns out that Russell Stovers is like the old people hang out place. Anyway I was eating my ice cream cone and a Katy Perry song came on and I kind of started dancing. Lauren looked at me and said, "Mommy do you need to go potty?" I said "No, I was just dancing." and she said "Oh, it just looked like you were wiggling." So apparently I'm a pretty lousy dancer.


Just one other really cute thing Lauren did as we were leaving Kansas City: She was so sad that we were leaving and asked why we couldn't stay in Kansas City forever. I told her that we didn't have enough money to stay any longer. And she said "OOOHHHH, I have money in my cup holder, you can use that." It amounted to all of 70 cents. Her enthusiasm is so affecting and so adorable.


She still talks about Kansas City and is saving coins to go. I didn't get very many pictures before our camera died, but here they are:






I think this picture is great. So this 1,000 gallon bucket dumps every five minutes and it isn't the heated water. It is freezing. I could stand in the kiddie pool and feel the cold mist come over. We all watched Jeff do this on a dare and then Lauren wanted to try it, and she did. She didn't like it and was a bit startled but was brave about it. She was also brave about the crazy water slide Jeff went on with her. She said she had fun, but it was a little scary too.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Lorelei and Jacob keep telling me they need bigger piggy banks to hold all the money they are saving to go to Disneyland, and Maddie is still saving for her car. She picked out the make and color today. She saw a red VW bug and fell in love with it. She asked if we could get one when we went to Costco. Your kids are very funny and cute. Glad you had a fun spring break!

melbel said...

Kansas City is the place to be! It's been forever since we went to Great Wolf Lodge, like when Mason was a one-year old afraid of the water. Ya, we'll have to try it again. :)

When are you coming back to Omaha full-time??

J and M said...

Ooooh. How fun. I want to go there! How far away is it from us?