7.29.2009

Lauren's Language

I was just thinking of all of the adorable things Lauren says and the words that only we know. My Mom told me to write them down or I would forget, so here goes:

Lauren's Words Translation

E-E= Blanket

Pa-a =Pacifier

Pa-Ha = Grandpa

Buckle-lo = buckle it

Cow Milk= Chocolate Milk

Daddy-O =Dad

Tiss = Kiss

Trey Diper = A pampers diaper vs. a huggies diaper (beacuse this is what kind Trey wears)

Shut Door = Anything that involves closing (like McKenna's eyelids, or the hymn book)

baaank = she wants to play with the piggy bank

La La's car= Basically any car

Ringer = Ring around the Rosies

Awake = She's not going back to sleep (even if it is a one in the morning. I had the unfortunate experience of asking if she was awake when had woken up crying at said time, and she hopped up and said "AWAKE")

Oh No, Oh NO = You don't have your seatbelt on. (I have never taught her this, but every once in a while when I start to back up without my seatbelt on first she will notice).

Hold You/ Hold Mommy = "I want you to hold me"

Dono= Donut

Tinna= McKenna

Lauren really is a sweet girl with a very logical, imaginative mind. It is so fun to see her reason and place concepts together.

6 comments:

Yearsley couple said...

I love to hear children speak. They are so adorable and imaginative with their words. I agree with your mom in that you should write these down cus they are so stinking adorable. hope all is well with your cute family. Love Kat Y.

Erin said...

Daddy-O! I love it! So cute!

Amber said...

I love the "Hold you/Hold Mommy". I think that is the cutest thing ever. I had a little cousin who used to say that...so sweet. BTW, we have Lauren's purse to get back to you before we move Friday morning!

J and M said...

I love the "hold you" That brings back Ellie memories! Any child who is classy enough to know diaper brands, is a high class GAL! Love her!

Matt and Maggie said...

Zeke is at a stage where he asks you the question he wants you to ask him... if that makes sense. His version of Grandpa is "Compa", and his aunt Faith, is "Faif". Fun.
Why do girls learn to speak so much quicker?!

The Rogers said...

Lovin the lingo! Can't wait till Miles is talking cute. My fave it the shut door:)