6.04.2009

Bragging Rights

brag, bragged, brag⋅ging, noun, adjective

–verb (used without object)
1.to use boastful language; boast: He bragged endlessly about his high score.

–verb (used with object)
2.to boast of: He bragged that he had won.

–noun
3.a boast or vaunt.
4.a thing to boast of.
5.a boaster.
6.an old English card game similar to poker.

Consider this your warning that this is going to be a bragging post.

THINGS TO BRAG ABOUT
1. Jeff
2. Garage Sale deals
3. My Cake
4. My Girls

1. Jeff- Some of you may know that Jeff is pretty much a genius (or really, really blessed (well actually it is both)) so you can imagine that he did really well in medical school. Yesterday we got a letter in the mail telling him that he is a REGENT SCHOLAR. Which means that he is top seven in his class, and means we don't have to pay for tuition next year. (a.k.a 20,000 less debt). Congratulations, your girls are so proud of you.


2. Garage Sale deals- This is actually due to popular request that I post pictures of the amazing deals we've found.


This here dresser, two nightstands and a mirror cost us only $65. I know, gape right?? We've also picked up a little slide for Lauren, some fun dress up clothes. A 10 dollar golf bag for Jeff and a cake stand for me. I love garage sales.


3. My Cake- I recently helped throw a baby shower for a girl in my ward, and the theme was "Born to Be Wild." I made the invitations and offered to make the cake. I realize that the cake is by no means perfect, but I do think that it turned out pretty well. What am I saying, if it's on my brag list than I must think that it is fantastic.






4. My Girls- also due to popular demand (okay well only Natalie) a picture of each of my girls.





This one of McKenna wearing her hat is of Lauren's choosing. Yes McKenna is a huge finger sucker. Which is nice because it means we won't have to look for lost pacifiers.



And this one of Lauren is with her little boyfriend Corbin. They are so cute; we were at the zoo looking at the monkeys and she and Corbin were off on there own eating fruit loops. Later they held hands back to the gates. SOOO CUTE.

Anyway that was my brag blog post. Are you jealous???

10 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

Wow....Give me a minute...I gotta pick my chin up off the floor. Congrats on all counts, Steph!!

Stacey said...

Congratulations on all of the good news, and impressive skills, and cute babies. I bet in fifteen years you won't think Lauren holding hands with a boy will be so cute, we'll see. Love ya!

Kristie said...

Wow!Way to go Jeff, that is so great, Congratulations!
Stephanie,you need to find me a nice dresser,you have talent! there aren't too many garage sales in my neighborhood!
Your cake was very fun too ! What a cute idea for a shower!
And I'll have to agree with Stacey, the holding hands with a boy is only cute when they are little. Love you guys!

Tasha said...

Congrats to Jeff!! That is truly impressive (oh, the lack of debt will be so nice...ours will probably be about twice yours by the time we're done...) and I'm sure he's worked really hard for that!
The Garage Sale thing--now that's a steal and the dresser is in such good shape! Are you going to keep it as is or try to stain/paint it a different color?
The cake looks good--where did you learn to do that stuff? Our very own Martha Stewart!
A boyfriend already? Uh-oh...

Hartleys said...

Yay for the pictures of McKenna!!! :) And Lauren and Corbin really make a cute couple. He's so manly with his Koolaid mustaches. :)

We could NOT be happier for Jeff....he worked so hard and was the best study partner Jeremy could have ever asked for. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Now, when do we party??!?

Amber said...

All very brag-worthy items! I am particularly impressed with Jeff...that is so awesome that you guys won't have to pay tuition next year! I actually just bought Makenna a little slide at a garage sale yesterday. John said it was a bad idea since we are moving in 2 months, but I decided it was worth $5 even if we have to give it away before we move. Is Lauren enjoying her slide?

Brittany said...

Wow what great stuff to brag about! congrats Jeff that's amazing to accomplish that, especially with how hard I hear med school is! The cake looks amazing!

Your Mormon Sister said...

Way to go Jeff! Yea for steals! Beautiful/creative cake decorating! And, how cute/[slash] what-happened-to-dating-at-sixteenish! Steph, all of this is wonderful news we are soooo elated! It's just good to know our friends are doing well AND have $20,000 less debt. With this kind of stuff, you can brag all you want.

J and M said...

1. The cake is AWEEEESOME.
2. We KNEW Jeff was this smart, and HOOORAY for less debt. What a blessing.
3. Any baby who sucks her fingers is the best.
4. Any little lady with a boyfriend should be kept an eye on (: Just kidding......

Loves to you! M

Hartleys said...

You're in North Platte? What happened to the big hot air balloon date? Weren't you supposed to go today? It is perfect weather today.

We want to have dinner with you guys soon. Let us know when you're back.

P.S. Apparently I need your email address because this is the only way I have to get a hold of you.